Is Anyone following the Summer Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, there are many Latin American teams that can compete on a par with US and Japan. Witness the World Baseball Classic games. Many of the best teams are from Latin America. In fact, many of the top line players in MLB are Latin Americans who would play for their country teams rather than the USA team.

Don't blame Michael Phelps for how he's covered by the media. If not him, they will single out someone else.

I'm not blaming Michael but will be glad to see them cover other athletes. Yes he's good, phenomenal and unique. I just find the coverage overdone. They spend so much time with him then get surprised when other swimmers do well.

As far as baseball goes, that's just what I heard. I'm not a big baseball fan so don't follow it too close.

I'm not blaming Michael but will be glad to see them cover other athletes. Yes he's good, phenomenal and unique. I just find the coverage overdone. They spend so much time with him then get surprised when other swimmers do well.

And his mom, good lord, they spend as much time with the cameras on her. . . annoying.

gq, were the three medals in imperial flag planting, keg rolling, and lawn darts, with the lower class as goalies?

lol, j/k. i owed you that for calling northern ireland british. :huh: :ermm::ermm::ermm:

Glad to see you have been paying attention to the Limpics !

I must have missed something re Norn Iron still British unless I missed something on the news overnight .

Exactly. In an irish pub here I ended up in the men's bogs because I decided to guess which one had women on the door as they were in Gaelic. Had lovely chat with a chap till he pointed the urinals out to me . Damned uncomfortable to sit on .

Buon Giorno,

Saturday night at the Hotel Bar in Corfu, we caught the Swimming Championships for the Gold Medal.

The Netherlands won the Gold.

Not 10%, here and there ... We have been celebrating the Vet´s birthday 60 km. from Puglia, Italia via Ferry in Corfu, Greece ...

There are seven Ionic islands, and Corfu, is the Capital and the main island. We are have taken a tour of several of the others.

Amazing, one is an island of wild Oregano ( have 3 whole bags of it ); one is a fishermens´ paradise, one is for raising and breeding Donkies, and one is just virgin beaches to die for ... with tiny hotels.

Good Post Laurie ... Thanks.
Well, have a lovely August,
Margaux.

Buon Giorno,

Saturday night at the Hotel Bar in Corfu, we caught the Swimming Championships for the Gold Medal.

The Netherlands won the Gold.

orange bastards!!

lol, i mean the dutch.

ol' willy of orange is still causing trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoop whoop another 3 golds for Team GB!!

Well now that Michael is done with, (thank goodness!) and our Fab Five have finished their stint, I will have to bring myself up to date and start rooting for GB and their Empire contestants. When I do catch something, I find myself going for the Aussies if GB is not in the picture. I haven't heard too much about Canada. I would love to see GB bring home some really important golds since this is their year to shine as the hosts. I have a choice of catching up on some much needed housework or the Olympics. Housework is never any fun. I think I have made my decision. Go GB, Aussie and Canada.

Other than the badminton scandal, I think these Olympics have gone pretty smooth. And Romney had the nerve to ask "if Britian was ready." How do you cook crow? :angel:

I watched Fraser-Pryce remain the fastest woman in the world last night. What a race and I was teary after and choked up. Yea! Jamaica!!!!!

I am watching the equestrian team event right now. I love the designs of the jumps. One is a double decker bus, another is the Tower Bridge with the Big Wheel, Abby Road, The Tower, The Gates of Buckingham Palace, and so many other famous sights of London. Perfect for these Olympics. :chef:

Well now that Michael is done with, (thank goodness!) and our Fab Five have finished their stint, I will have to bring myself up to date and start rooting for GB and their Empire contestants. When I do catch something, I find myself going for the Aussies if GB is not in the picture. I haven't heard too much about Canada. I would love to see GB bring home some really important golds since this is their year to shine as the hosts. I have a choice of catching up on some much needed housework or the Olympics. Housework is never any fun. I think I have made my decision. Go GB, Aussie and Canada.

Other than the badminton scandal, I think these Olympics have gone pretty smooth. And Romney had the nerve to ask "if Britian was ready." How do you cook crow? :angel:

You must have missed the major boxing messup...

Thought you might enjoy a side note. There are certain times of the year when companies do not hire any one. From Thanksgiving to January 2nd. And during Olympic Years. Absenteeism is high during those times. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom