Is Anyone following the Summer Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
speaking of equestrian events, it's just so sad what happened to the horses of the polish water polo team.

(i know it's old, but i only get to use that one every 4 years, same as the one about the mexican summer olympic team)

Last edited:
speaking of equestrian events, it's just so sad what happened to the horses of the polish water polo team.

(i know it's old, but i only get to use that one every 4 years, same as the one about the mexican summer olympic team)
:LOL: TSK TSK :angel:

Bronze Medals Gymnastics

Unfortunately, Japan who was wonderful, had a mishap ...

Yes, when we can ...

Off to have a wine and quick bite, and a walk to feed the kit kats and stray dogs, with our leftovers and some dog food and cat food ...

GOOD HEARTS.

Have wonderful summer Laurie,
Margi.

dave has brought it to my attention that people might be offended by a lame, old polish (not the furniture sealant) joke.

i apologize. polish americans are fine, hard working, and notoriously honest people.

Last edited:
I am waiting for the equestrian jumping to start. Zara Phillips stands and excellent chance of winning the gold for England. I would love to see her grandmother present a medal to her. Yesterday she had a perfect cross country round and came in under the 10:03 time limit with no penalties. Her horse lost a shoe during her ride. But she just kept going. You just have to cheer for someone like that. Her horse is one of the least experienced. :)

I'm just in awe of those perfectly-formed humans, male or female, standing on a diving platform, balancing on their toes, facing backward, no less, not moving a muscle. IMO they could stop right there for Amazing Human Feats. Then to see them shove themselves off into thin air and twist and turn like a feather (a very fast feather), enter the water headfirst with almost no splash, and kick their way to the surface. Two at a time! Just Amazing! The gymnasts are unreal, too. Wow.

I loved seeing the shooter rack up 99 out of 100 as she won another medal. Wow again.

I'm not sure why, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about the olympics. We've watched a few events, swimming mostly as that's what's on unless you stay up until 4:00AM. Just no excitement this time.

I've seen a lot of injuries, a lot of out of bounds and lots of lack of concentration. Nothing has been amazing so for.

I watched the equestrian and girls gymnastic events. One of the girls is a local. And I love anything horsey. They had a couple of spills. One was dangerous. The horse could have rolled over the female rider and crushed her. Fortunately the rider had the good sense to go forward and over the horse's head and away from the body of the horse. Those are one of those split second decisions. The coaches for my 4-H kids were all taught how to fall from a horse. Horses are dumb. They don't see the world like we do. Their eyes are on the side of their head. So they spook very easily. :)

I'm not sure why, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about the olympics. We've watched a few events, swimming mostly as that's what's on unless you stay up until 4:00AM. Just no excitement this time.
Thanks, Andy, for putting into words what I have been feeling. We were recording most of the Canadian broadcasts at first, then went to just the highlights and we haven't even watched them. I check into the website each day to see how Canada (and others) has done and that's about it.

Gymnastics (FAB FIVE!!), swimming and beach vollyball the most but some of the other stuff here and there.

Gymnastics (FAB FIVE!!), swimming and beach vollyball the most but some of the other stuff here and there.

Aly comes from Needam, which is just outside of Boston. The town has a HUGE reception ready for her when she gets back home. Her life will never be the same.

I was wathing the men's rafting part of the time. Then I got bored with it. France screwed up. YEA!

I would like to see Bowling in the Olympics.

There are so many rules that are different from the way the average citizen plays these games. A lot of interuptions, hesitations, etc. I lose interest after a while. Just play the dang game! :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom