Is Anyone following the Summer Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't help but think during the medal ceremonies the US athletes look like they about to board the Space Shuttle in their rather bland looking monotone outfits.

R. Lauren's organization was responsible for the design and had them made in China. For those non-Americans, that will never happen again. Big stink. they should have been made in this country.

I think they should open the design of the Olympic outfits to competition of some lesser known designers. Give them a break they need. I am sure there will be some farout designs, but also some very attractive and pretty designs. :)

R. Lauren's organization was responsible for the design and had them made in China. For those non-Americans, that will never happen again. Big stink. they should have been made in this country.

I think they should open the design of the Olympic outfits to competition of some lesser known designers. Give them a break they need. I am sure there will be some farout designs, but also some very attractive and pretty designs. :)

Not a bad idea, perhaps, some sort of Design Olympics?

I agree, GQ! The men's relay (400 m) was awesome as well.

In some ways I am relieved it is almost over and in others I am sad. What started out disastrous and heartbreaking for Canada has turned inspirational on so many levels.

The media is saying that "Bronze is Canada's Gold", and it can be taken positive or negative, but I see it as only positive. While there were a few disappointments where we were "expecting gold", some of our athletes who were not even expected to medal at all poured out their hearts into their event and came up with silver and bronze. I for one am proud of all our athletes, whether they won a medal or weren't even able to complete their race.

My avatar says it all. :heart:

So is Elton John not part of the closing ceremonies either? It is stated to be about Britain's pop culture.......:ermm:

Just a small rant.

BMX bikes are what pre-teens and teens ride around our neighborhood. They think they are cool because they can do a trick or two. That's fine and I have no issue with that. I spent a lot of time on a bike when I was a kid too.

HOWEVER!!!!, making it an olympic sport is absurd. Grown men and women racing around an undulating curvy course on these mini bikes is about as stupid a "sport" as I can imagine.

What next? Synchronized swimming!?

Every one of the athletes is a star, whether the medal or not...they have fought to become the best of the best for their country and none of them are slouches. I find all of them inspirational.

Just a small rant.

BMX bikes are what pre-teens and teens ride around our neighborhood. They think they are cool because they can do a trick or two. That's fine and I have no issue with that. I spent a lot of time on a bike when I was a kid too.

HOWEVER!!!!, making it an olympic sport is absurd. Grown men and women racing around an undulating curvy course on these mini bikes is about as stupid a "sport" as I can imagine.

Synchronized Couch potatoes with remotes and cellphones.

Synchronized Texting...

Andy M. said:
Just a small rant.

I love synchronized swimming, and at least it's more of a sport than table tennis... It requires incredible skill and athleticism, not to mention form and grace. Why do people always make fun of it?? I used to practice a few moves with my aunt in the pool (who was on the synch swim team in high school) and it is unbelievably difficult. I'm sad I didn't get to see any of it this year.

Skittle68 said:
I love synchronized swimming, and at least it's more of a sport than table tennis... It requires incredible skill and athleticism, not to mention form and grace. Why do people always make fun of it?? I used to practice a few moves with my aunt in the pool (who was on the synch swim team in high school) and it is unbelievably difficult. I'm sad I didn't get to see any of it this year.

+1

I took advanced swim instructor/lifeguard classes as a teen, and a component was synchronized swimming moves. Incredibly difficult. A very beautiful sport, IMHO.

Dawgluver said:
+1

I took advanced swim instructor/lifeguard classes as a teen, and a component was synchronized swimming moves. Incredibly difficult. A very beautiful sport, IMHO.

The synchronized swimming dig kind of hit a nerve because my bf and I argued about whether or not it's even a sport. He doesn't think it should be considered an Olympic sport.

Back
Top Bottom