"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #91
Chef Extraordinaire

I am thinking of you Addie

Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #92
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Crimineys, Addie! What a day, I do hope you are feeling better and did they ever figure it out? Not just dehydration and high blood sugar, something else must have been going on. Scary!
My release papers said "Dehydration and High Sugar Levels." I don't understand how I became so dehydrated. I walk around with a bottle of water in hand all the time. I am acutely aware of how quickly and easily the elderly can become dehydrated. Even when I have a cup of coffee going. I will take a sip of coffee and then water. I have a cup holder on my scooter and even take a bottle with me. I know Winthrop will call me today to come in. They always do after a visit to the ER. And I was so exhausted, that I didn't get to talk to my youngest son for long, the one the ER doctor talked to. So I will get more information when I talk to him again.

I have been complaining to my Primary ever since he took me off the diabetes medicine and I started to eat again. I want to go back on it, but he is waiting to see if I continue eating. And I have. I am way past the 'no eating' problem. My son knows that I am "the feisty on." I always fight back. No matter how sick I am. After I had my open heart surgery, both he and the heart surgeon were surprised when I cam through trying to smile and gave them the circled fingers Okay signal. Immediately the intubation tube came out. The surgeon stated "She is going to do just fine." And I did. I was back to work in less than four weeks.

I will get more information when I talk to me son again. They did asked if I had congestive heart failure. With all the questions they asked about my heart, it leaves me thinking that there was something more going on. It is going on to five in the a.m. I am all slept out. and All the weakness, dizzines and other problems are now gone. I feel my old self again. One of the things everyone commented on as I got better yesterday was how much color had return to my face. I take it that grey was my color of the day yesterday.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #93
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I am thinking of you Addie
Thank you everyone for your caring messages. That is what I love about DC. People who genuinely care. For me, it can make a difference in my day. I will keep plugging away. If only because I know some of you will miss me. I have made some truly good amazing friends here at DC.

I have shown Son #1 how to notify you if something really serious happens to me. Even if I am in the hospital for just a couple of days. Since I usually post at least once a day, if I don't show up, someone will wonder and ask, "Where is Addie?" The last thing I want to do is create worry for any of my good frineds.

Tags
health