"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #41
Head Chef

Sorry to hear of your and the other DCers' ills. May it be that your nightmarish episode is now past tense. That surely stinks/stank/stunk.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Sorry to hear of your and the other DCers' ills. May it be that your nightmarish episode is now past tense. That surely stinks/stank/stunk.
One of those words that no one seems to be sure of. I understand completely.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Andy mate has anyone mentioned kidney stones?

No. All my issues are South of the kidneys.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #44
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm back from the removal process and feel great! It was immediate 100% relief. I feel normal again except for some residual soreness in the "area".
Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
Senior Cook

Wow Andy it sounds pretty bad to be sick in your part of the world. My husband has been unwell with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for two years, he had a donor bone marrow transplant 7 months ago and so far all tests are cancer free, but believe me I totally sympathise with the catheters and pain and horribleness of illnesses. We have never encounted anyone as inept at their job as that dr you described. I have a Paramedic background and worked very remote areas for many years, this site seems to attract medically trained people. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, drink heaps of water as you have prob been told.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #46
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis Changes Lives View Post
Wow Andy it sounds pretty bad to be sick in your part of the world. My husband has been unwell with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for two years, he had a donor bone marrow transplant 7 months ago and so far all tests are cancer free, but believe me I totally sympathise with the catheters and pain and horribleness of illnesses. We have never encounted anyone as inept at their job as that dr you described. I have a Paramedic background and worked very remote areas for many years, this site seems to attract medically trained people. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, drink heaps of water as you have prob been told.

Thanks, HCL. I hope your husband continues with good health.

To clarify, it was the assistant who mishandled the Dr's directions.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #47
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
No. All my issues are South of the kidneys.
Actually kidneystones don't generally hurt at the kidneys, or even necessarily start there. They hurt throughout the urinary tract. Believe me, I know.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
I'm back from the removal process and feel great! It was immediate 100% relief. I feel normal again except for some residual soreness in the "area".
Fantastic! So glad you didn't have to wait and are all better!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I am just curious. There have been tons of ads on TV for the new catheters. Did they use one on you? the soreness will pass. I take it that this is the first time you had to have a catheter. Here's hoping it is the last time.

I am sooo glad you are feeling better. My DIL has cancer of the bladder many years ago. They built her an artificial bladder. She was never able to learn to urinate on her own again. So she had to use catheters every day. At the beginning she couldn't get the hang of it. So my son had to do it for her. One day when he had his eighth heart attack, he was in the hospital. DIL came in with her paraphernalia, climbed up on his bed and son proceeded to insert her catheter and drain her bladder. The nurse walks in and couldn't believe what she was seeing.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #50
Executive Chef

Andy, sounds like you might want to eat some Stonyfield organic yogurt to compensate for the side effects of the antibiotics.

Tags
health