Is DC Hazardous To Your Health?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
BabaraL in the ER over the weekend, LPBeier in the ER today and now me.

I have been suffering the symptoms of a urinary track infection since Friday afternoon. Started taking an antibiotic on Sunday and Flomax on Monday but still no "go", if you know what I mean.

Doc told be not to hesitate to go to the ER if The 'retention' continued as it's dangerous. So when I spent a good part of last night standing in the bathroom hoping for enough relief so I could sleep a little, I decided the time was right.

I am no the proud owner of a catheter. That's about as proud as owning a root canal. I own it for the rest of the week then it's gone and all my problems with it. At least that's how I've written the script.

This sucks.

Oh Andy,
I'm sorry. Hoping things start to improve soon. Cath's are a PITA hang in there and feel better soon.Thinking of you, have you in my prayers
cj

Geez, Andy, what a way to spend a week! Hope you're better ASAP!

Thanks, dawg. I rescheduled dinner with my sis and BIL from Saturday to Monday (I was sure I'd be better by then). Then I rescheduled them to Wednesday (I mean, it can't take that long...). When I called her today to tell her what happened, she told me to call to reschedule AFTER I was 100%!

the advise i got from the surgent who fixed my grandpa prostate canser; "Seat, seat down it makes it easier on the prostate relives the presure of Don't remember of what on what) and thus makes it easier to relieve your self." So boys, don't be shy to seat down.

Andy, I feel for you my friend. I am still waiting for the results of my ct but am already attached to my first iv dose of antibiotic and have had a shot of b12.

Take care of yourself.

Thanks cj and Charlie.

cj, not so much a pitA

I was thinking the same thing Andy. Sorry to hear you have such troubles. Hope things "come out" okay in the end. My MIL had problems going during and after an infection and had the catheter. Unfortunately, she also has dementia so that was a lot of fun to keep her from pulling the thing out.

Don't, I repeat don't pull that thing out...you want to talk about pain. Sorry you are going through this Andy, it's no fun. If you are determined to remove it before the doc does, PM me first.

I hope the Flomax works!

Eek! Oh dear, please take care Andy. As a former health professional I have one piece of advice about the catheter - don't pull it out. I have seen male patients did that and they were not happy with the results.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the good advice.

I know not to pull it out. The nurse who put it in, constantly saying, I'm sorry , I'm sorry as I roared in pain, told me she inflated the end of the cath to hold it in place so I'm not even thinking about it. I can always go back to emergency.

Thanks all for the good advice.

I know not to pull it out. The nurse who put it in, constantly saying, I'm sorry , I'm sorry as I roared in pain, told me she inflated the end of the cath to hold it in place so I'm not even thinking about it. I can always go back to emergency.

They teach us "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" the first year of nursing school.:rolleyes:

At least you didn't get Nurse Ratched who loves to inflict pain.

It comes out a lot easier than it goes in.
Take care and don't forget it hanging somewhere and walk off.:glare:

Andy my heart goes out to you. As a female, I know how painful a urinary infection can be. It is even more painful for a male. I am so sorry you are going through this. Take care and follow orders. :):)

Oh--I've got a puncture wound in my arm (thanks to Rocky) puffy where he hit me, and a pink line running up my arm (which I marked with a pen--hasn't moved for over 1.5 hours). Self-medicating with antibiotics (dog, but they came from the pharmacy). If I hadn't had 2 glasses of wine, I'd be in the emergency room right now.

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. If you DO decide to pull it out yourself make sure to get it on video. The money you win from Funniest Home Videos will help with your medical bills. :LOL::sick::LOL:

Seriously, get better soon!

Oh--I've got a puncture wound in my arm (thanks to Rocky) puffy where he hit me, and a pink line running up my arm (which I marked with a pen--hasn't moved for over 1.5 hours). Self-medicating with antibiotics (dog, but they came from the pharmacy). If I hadn't had 2 glasses of wine, I'd be in the emergency room right now.

I think face to face human medical help is required here. Please head to emergency or call a doctor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom