"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
drop dead gorgeous, no.
she is rather cute though.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #22
Executive Chef

She's cute and although she can't help it but she always reminds me of a Bobble Doll. Her head is just out of proportion to her body...unless it is a fish eye lens or something. I'm just jealous.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #23
Master Chef

I think she's beautiful. And have you seen her mother? She's even more beautiful, in my opinion.
I have no objection to the way she dresses...she wears some beautiful tops. She is tiny, and I always said I never trusted a skinny cook, but in her case, I make an exception.
I suspect she does eat what she cooks, but she doesn't OVER eat.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
I suspect she does eat what she cooks, but she doesn't OVER eat.
Exactly! Plus - she's Italian - how can she NOT eat!!!!

Also believe I saw a show of hers once that showed her with her trainer, working off all those calories!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Her mother is gorgeous!!! Mom definately looks like Giada's sister, not her mom.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #26
Head Chef

i think rachael is much better looking. giada looks very strange.... with her waif twig body and her HUGE head, sometimes when she makes her little goofy expressions with her arms raised at her sides and showing all of her teeth i get a little nervous, as if she's going to attack me and put me in her dish.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #27
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou
We enjoy watching her,too. She doesn't have the best smile, in my (not so) humble opinion. As for the decolletage, well if you've got 'em flaunt 'em, I say. Rachel Ray has been getting a little risque ,as well.
I watch for recipes and techniques, my husband? Well....

Lyndalou
I actually love Giada's smile. But I dissagree about if you've got 'em flaunt 'em, I mean its a cooking show. And she always leans right over the food. Oh, and I was just rolling my eyes when I saw Rachel Ray in the bikini pics. Rachel Ray I'm becoming less and less fond of.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #28
Sous Chef

[quote=marmalady]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Brain
b) she didn't have to work her way to becoming a TV chef, they asked HER only because of her family name.quote]

That's so not true! If you watched her bio, she always loved working with food - went to culinary school - worked in restaurants - worked in catering - established her own successful home chef/catering business. My hat is off to a very tough woman who fought her way up just like the rest of us.
I did watch her bio, I think I might still have it on Tivo. Did you watch it all? You're right that she worked hard- to become a chef. She did not work hard at all to get her own cooking show. A producer (I think it was a producer) who knew of her grandfather saw her at a party and asked her to give it a chance. She didn't want to but she sent an audition tape in anyways because they really wanted her to, and they liked her and just like that she had a show. Then when they started filming she really sucked as a cooking show host and wasn't very pleasant to watch at all, but they stayed with her and she eventually got better. Although I believe she has passion for food and cooking, her celebrity status just fell right into her lap. No one else could have gotten that opportunity without being born with family connections. She was even offered a chance to become a movie star actress, and she could have taken it easily. She didn't even have to audition for her first movie role with no experience at all. Although she didn't accept the free-in acting lifestyle, she accepted this without having to struggle though Hollywood like a normal person. I'm not blaming her for taking it, I would in a heartbeat given the chance. Its just something about her thats not as respected to me as a celeb chef who had to work from nothing.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #29
Executive Chef

[quote=Banana Brain]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalady
I did watch her bio, I think I might still have it on Tivo. Did you watch it all? You're right that she worked hard- to become a chef. She did not work hard at all to get her own cooking show. A producer (I think it was a producer) who knew of her grandfather saw her at a party and asked her to give it a chance. She didn't want to but she sent an audition tape in anyways because they really wanted her to, and they liked her and just like that she had a show. Then when they started filming she really sucked as a cooking show host and wasn't very pleasant to watch at all, but they stayed with her and she eventually got better. Although I believe she has passion for food and cooking, her celebrity status just fell right into her lap. No one else could have gotten that opportunity without being born with family connections. She was even offered a chance to become a movie star actress, and she could have taken it easily. She didn't even have to audition for her first movie role with no experience at all. Although she didn't accept the free-in acting lifestyle, she accepted this without having to struggle though Hollywood like a normal person. I'm not blaming her for taking it, I would in a heartbeat given the chance. Its just something about her thats not as respected to me as a celeb chef who had to work from nothing.
Whaddevah.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Brain
she accepted this without having to struggle though Hollywood like a normal person.
i agree with marm. fugeddaboudit!

normal people struggling in hollywood?

bb, you need to sit down and have a cool drink...

(btw, espeakin' of hollywood, i haven't seen mish around.)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Closed Thread