Is Larry the only Dentist Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not worried about dying and I don't have a dentist here. My boss says I'm going to die, she's weird. I have a question just wondering if Larry is our only dentist.

:) I dont believe you will die from blood poisoning but a bad tooth can get really infected and can get extremely painful also bad teeth can cause strokes or heart attacks or infect the entire body and cause death. So get to a dentist ASAP.

hey,

A bad tooth can get infected/ abscessed. Since the tooth is located in your head, there is the slight possibility that the infection could wind up in your brain. Although rare, these are the things that make the headlines to sell newspapers and get you to watch the local news, so they are heavily publicized.

With certain heart conditions, a tooth infection could put you more at risk to deveoping an infection that could travel through your blood stream and wind up in the heart. ( this is also true when you have artificial joints or things like that).

What some people fail to realize is that the teeth are part of the body, and any infection anywhere in the body could be serious or travel to other parts of the body.

Hope this helped a little

:) I dont believe you will die from blood poisoning but a bad tooth can get really infected and can get extremely painful also bad teeth can cause strokes or heart attacks or infect the entire body and cause death. So get to a dentist ASAP.
Painful is what we have, big time. Unfortunately, in my financial status a dentist isn't an option. I was kind of hoping Larry would tell me it's not *that* serious. If Larry's not off being poisoned in some random restaurant :ROFLMAO:, maybe he'd PM me so I could ask a couple questions.

Basically, one tooth was hurting, then it stopped and the one next to it took over the pain. As I said, unfortunately, dentists here require insurance or a boat load of money as a deposit to even see you. It's the one thing I miss about Cali, they wouldn't let dentists bar you from treatment whereas NC seems to allow that. Cali had a "Denti-Cal" system, NC apparently doesn't. :(

:) I have had an abscessed tooth it was one of the most painful experiences I have ever had in my life, If money is an issue at least get it checked out and x-rayed and if you cant afford to get the root canal or whatever then at least get it pulled and on some strong antibiotics. Nobody should ever suffer a tooth problem because once it starts to hurt it is not likely to go away but only get worse and more expensive.

You might check with the local health department. I don't know how it works in NC but they may be able to refer you to a dentist that will help you with your problem. I know here in the area of VA where I live, there is a free dental clinic at the local health dept. on certain days of the week for people who can't afford to go otherwise. Also, the pain may be from the first tooth but the nerves in the second tooth are getting inflammed and set off as well so best to get it checked out ASAP.

My uncle didn't seek help for an abcessed tooth. He ended up dying from it. Find a dentist who will work with you--they will take payments.

:huh:Barbara

callisto, (with all due respect to larry) many dentists are small practitioners who make a lot of money from their labor costs. often, they are willing to work out a deal, such as bartering things like landscaping or housecleaning to pay for the work they perform on your choppers.

another suggestion is to find a dental school. you get what you pay for, but at least you'll get things fixed.

Back
Top Bottom