Is lunch breakfast and breakfast dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunch for breakfast and breakfast for dinner

• How DARE you ask this question! I'll never tell! >:(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My option isn't up there. I am what I eat, cheap fast and easy.

Whatever is available I guess. I don't descriminate. I do love breakfast after a night with the boys though.

I could eat "dinner food" for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I do not like sweets in the morning, nor anytime really....or at least very rarely.

Same here, I could eat dinner foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I do like the traditional breakfast foods for breakfast from time to time though (eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes, etc). Not much of a fan of breakfast for dinner though.

Can I have all of the above? LOL!! I am not one for sweets 99% of the time, normally do not eat breakfast or lunch hardly at all (do love to cook it for others though!); but I am an equal opportunity eater when the mood hits!!

I think breakfast is my favorite meal..I love bacon and eggs,potatoes and toast..Sweet things not so much,only one stipulation, it's breakfast OUT, I will cook it, but much prefer to sip coffee and let someone else flip that bacon and turn those eggs:LOL: I'm deep down lazy in the morning as well as very very grumpy!!!I'm not called the bear for nothing:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

kadesma said:
I'm deep down lazy in the morning as well as very very grumpy!!!I'm not called the bear for nothing:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

I'm with you kadesma. My kids learned very early to just quietly hand Mommy a cup of coffee and get their own breakfast.

Alix said:
I'm with you kadesma. My kids learned very early to just quietly hand Mommy a cup of coffee and get their own breakfast.
Mine learned to be very very quiet in the mornings, to hand me my first cup of coffee, smile, get a quick kiss and then, sit still. I made the breakfast, but, did tend to growl till half the pot was gone:LOL: After that, kisses and hugs. Noise bugged the heck out of me!
kadesma

Eggs for dinner? French toast for dinner? Muffins for dinner?

I'm in!

(Mind you, brownies work for breakfast ... and so does pizza)

When I was a kid I remember seeing my dad make some eggs in the evening and I wondered why? After all that was breakfast food.

Then I thought, why not?

Since then will eat anything any time of the day.

For a while used to be on the road a bit and would love to stop at the diners/truck stops that would offer anything on the menu 24 hours.

Eight in the morining you wanted the spaghetti and meatballs or ten at night the bacon and eggs, fine.

I wonder where this idea that eggs, pancakes, are 'traditional' breakfast foods came from.

It certainly was not the case a couple of centuries ago.

TATTRAT said:
My option isn't up there. I am what I eat, cheap fast and easy.

Whatever is available I guess. I don't descriminate.

Ditto. I could eat breakfast all day, but I'm of the mind set that when it comes time to fill the void, whatever is available is acceptable (obviously as long as it is still good for consumption). I've had creamy curried chicken and rice pilaf for breakfast, leftovers of various casseroles for breakfast, oh, and the famous leftover cold pizza for breakfast. It's pretty much whatever is available.

I hate restaurants because there are so many options. I'm usually game to try anything once, so all the options cause me to take longer. I prefer looking in the fridge/pantry and making something from whatever is there. :chef:

I will eat leftovers for breakfast and breakfast for dinner, no problem. I won't make anything in the morning though, just heat it up.

I often enjoy a piece of cake, crostata, strudel etc. or a few biscuits for breaky, like Pds, to me sweets are welcome any time of the day!!

I don't see anything wrong with having pancakes for dinner, we do it occasionally when we get in late, tired and have nothing prepared. Very quick and satisfying solution. Omelettes are also dinner favourites, it happens that omelette, or frittata is a perfectly legit dinner menu in Italy!:-p

Also when I am alone muesli and yogurt can be my dinner.

When I am in England I like to have those hearty full English breakfast now and then, but usually I am not in a mood to eat anything too substantial earlier in the day. I prefer saving hearty fares for evening.

cooked breakfasts, excluding porridge which we have often, are a real treat, What we eat tends to depend on the daily schedule, but DH went through a phase of wanting full english everyday. I made sure that phase did not last long, lol. Breakfast for supper, fo us, is comfort food or lack of inspiration food.

My mother remembers having steaks and eggs for breakfasts on the farm when a substantial meal ws needed to get you through the day....but my great grandparents house served five meals a day most days!

The option for me isn't up there...Shunka described it perfectly "equal oppertunities eater"! We eat what feel good at whatever time....trying to keep it healthyish though!

If its good, I can eat just about anything at any time... otoh, it it's NOT good... I don't want it at any time. I do love beakfast for dinner often. Had it last night, in fact, after a long and brain-draining day.

Love turkey and dressing for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving...

cold pizza anytime... cold pasta, NEVER! :LOL:

Sweets, depends upon my mood and the time of the month! :)

We don't eat breakfast, as such. My husband gets up at 4:30, and all he wants is coffee, and I've never been hungry when I get up in the morning.
We do love breakfast food, though, and treat ourselves to brunch on Sundays.
I don't hoot with the night-owls anymore, but when I did, I loved breakfast about 2:00 AM. There's a local greasy spoon here that stays open 24 hours, and I've had many a slippery egg and lots of "wallpaper paste" gravy there. At that hour, we didn't care.

Sweets in the morning for me...whether it's a roll or cookies...or whatever. Love to dunk in my coffee. Just wondering....what ever happened to supper?
I always call it dinner now...but when we grew up it was breakfast, lunch and supper.

We flip-flop meals in our house, too. In fact, I usually plan at least one meatless meal a week and that's where omelets, etc. come in handy. I also think quite a few of Americans enjoy breakfast all day long. Cracker Barrel is evidence of that. As is Bob Evans.

When I was a child two of my favorite supper meals could've been classified as breakfast by most people.

I was raised as a Catholic and, in those days, Lent and meatless Fridays were strictly observed. My father was a country doctor and often was paid in fresh produce, meat and poultry. As you might guess, we ate well and never wanted for fresh food. It wouldn't be unusual for him to leave his office at the end of the day, walk to his car and find the back seat filled with fresh sweet potatoes, tomatoes, whatever was plentiful. Yum!

The first meal I really loved consisted of a bowl of buttered new potatoes (with the skins on), a bowl of steamed fresh green beans and a big platter of fried eggs. I can almost taste it as I type the words.

The other meal was something my mother came up with/created, I'm not sure. Whatever, this meal was made up of banana fritters doused with maple syrup and side bowls of creamed corn. My brothers and sisters and I would try to guess what kinds of creatures the fritters looked like when they came out of the hot oil.

I'll eat breakfast at suppertime anytime. Rather it be eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast, pancakes or oatmeal. I find it very comforting.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom