Is something going around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TATTRAT said:
I have shared/am sharing some of the symptoms, but the doctor diagnosed me with "walking" pnoemonia(sp). I was ordered to rest(yet here I am at work?)...I am going on "rest" Friday, and not coming back till Wednesday. heck of a way to burn some vacation time I guess:(

I hope everyone feels better, and darned if those hot tody ideas aren't makin me want one(or5)!

Tatt, Dr. Wasabi says you have The Walking Pneumonia and the Boggie Woogie Flu. Take a large hot tody and lots of bedrest. Bill in the mail.:)

Today is much better..have been living on green tea, cough syrup and cough drops. All I have now is the cough.

I have a friend who helps her DH tend Bee Hives on week ends. A few weeks ago she gave me some honey. I put a little in my tea and licked the spoon ...I'm diabetic so most things are sugar free.

Lulu..I do have some Scoth that paul was drinking..but I don't think I want hair on my chest.
marge

Marge, sorry to hear you are a little poorly right now, but as others have said, you have just been thru' heaps and the body kinda lets you know that.

I take echinacea leading up to winter and find that it helps as I rarely get the flu' or a cold. Lulu mentioned Manuka honey ( bless that girl, she has memories of good New Zealand things!!:) ) and if you or anyone else have winter illnesses, get some and eat it or drink it! Doctors are prescribing it and I can say that I witnessed a miracle with this honey. ( another story) .

Other than that, go all out and do the lemon/whisky thang! With boiling water and sugar. Does the soul good too!

I wish you some quiet time in the next few days just to let some repairing take place, and good to know you do feel a little better.

Dove said:
Today is much better..have been living on green tea, cough syrup and cough drops. All I have now is the cough.

I have a friend who helps her DH tend Bee Hives on week ends. A few weeks ago she gave me some honey. I put a little in my tea and licked the spoon ...I'm diabetic so most things are sugar free.

Lulu..I do have some Scoth that paul was drinking..but I don't think I want hair on my chest.
marge

Marge,

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. That type of bug has been going around here, too. The other day I had a scratchy throat and luckily did not come down with it.

Take care, SC

Tattrat, get a hot toddy down you as soon as possible, every night until you are better. I cannot think why dear Marge doesn't want hairs on her chest, lol. (((((Marge)))))
Seriously, a decent chicken soup and hot toddies are ESSENTIAL on the course to recovery from these nasties, imo.

Take care everyone. I popped to the doctor this morning but I am feeling a bit better today...mine wasn't a flu-ey thing though.

It's definitely going around. HH and daughter just arose from their positions on the couch this week after both being weak as newborn kittens with strep and various other nasties for about 10 days.

It hit Mr. I'm Not Sick especially hard. Why I didn't come down with the same stuff I'll never know -certainly not due to good habits.

I believe in Dr. lulu's remedy for many ailments. Even if you don't get better, you still feel better about being sick.

Back
Top Bottom