Is this the KFC special secret recipe????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my first job at KFC washing dishes on my 14th birthday.

Worked there making food for 2 years and the ginger and basil sound wrong. And I'm pretty sure there's. mSG in it.

Ratios seem off too. Teaspoons maybe not enough. Tablespoons maybe too much...

I bought some ground white pepper today to try with the recipe sometime. It's a new spice to me. It should make for an OK seasoned flour mix for fried chicken. I bet using an oil pressure cooker infuses more taste. That's what was revolutionary about the Colonels method of frying chicken, frying chicken in oil under pressure. Anyone done that at home? My moms water pressure cooker kinda spooked me. :LOL:

Last edited:
If you read the actual Chicago Tribune article, they actually tested it both with tablespoons and teaspoons. They said that you need to use tablespoons, and add msg. Once they added the msg, they claim the flavor was spot on, but they didn't bother with the pressure fryer - they were just checking the flavor of the spice mix.

It's fascinating how often so many here comment on and dis postings without clicking the links and reading the articles.

If you read the actual Chicago Tribune article, they actually tested it both with tablespoons and teaspoons. They said that you need to use tablespoons, and add msg. Once they added the msg, they claim the flavor was spot on, but they didn't bother with the pressure fryer - they were just checking the flavor of the spice mix.

It's fascinating how often so many here comment on and dis postings without clicking the links and reading the articles.

Noted. Thanks. It seemed to me using full Tablespoons in two cups of flour would be too much.

I'm gonna make me up a batch. I bought the white pepper today. That nephew said that was key. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom