Is this the place for a Rhetorical Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
images

I don't know... does this sound like a rhetorical question to you? (?)

Although this was the winner, it just doesn't define rhetorical for me. The question mark itself seems to me to be asking for a response. I assume that a true rhetorical question doesn't want an answer.

Last edited:
I don't know... does this sound like a rhetorical question to you? (?)

Although this was the winner, it just doesn't define rhetorical for me. The question mark itself seems to me to be asking for a response. I assume that a true rhetorical question doesn't want an answer.

How about a '?' in a circle with a diagonal line through it?

Nope, too complicated - too many keystrokes. How about if we repurpose another symbol or find an emoticon that expresses it. I admit I'm stumped.

Does that mean you're asking your rhetorical question in Spanish? :huh:
That was my first thought (took me back to 10th grade Spanish class). What's wrong with the ?]--I couldn't find an emoticon, mind you, the teleconference during which I did that search only last 15 minutes.:D Maybe s/one else has more time than I did today to search for a cutesy emoticon ?].

You can also do a search for "ascii table" and click on the first result to find the code for all the characters (or bookmark it or save it to your computer). Then hold down the ALT key and type the code on the number keypad (including the zero, if there is one).

Back
Top Bottom