ISO A recipe organizer on your PC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I am looking at half my recipes while the other half is in Montreal. Does anyone know of a program that you can type your recipes into? Hopefully if there is, I can save a copy of it and send it to Montreal for when I need it on the weekends.

You can always put it on www.recipezaar.com and save it in your folder. This will give you a nutritional Fact sheet as well. But maybe you dont want to know that. haha

I just have a "Recipes" folder on my laptop, and sub-folders by topic heading. All of my recipes are printed out and are in a binder with protective sheets to keep them clean and dry. It's my KISS method of recipe organization. Oh, and it's all backed up on and external 300GB drive...just in case!

Recipezaar is also a really interesting idea, as long as they don't shut down the site. Nothing is forever. I only trust my recipes to my computer, and it also makes it easy to send a recipe to someone in a Word document or cut-and-paste into a forum topic.

Joe

I do pretty much what Joe does. I just type recipes as a Word document, and keep them organized in a big folder with sub-folders type type. I keep my recipes backed up on a 2 GB SD card. I also have the majority of my recipes backed up on a 128 MB flash drive in my drawer at work.

Joe,
I have mine on word as well, but not in folders with headings how do I create headings? Mine are just in alphabetical order which is not as good as categories.

Right now, my recipies are in word documents in a recipies folder on my PC. You see, I had a hardware failure and lost them all a while back.

Some really good people here at DC have given me back some of what I lost.

Eventually, I will put them on my website, as I learn enough HTML to build it.

I do not trust external hard drives or SD cards. Like any other hardware, they can fail. They can also be lost or left by yoyr computer which could be lost in a flood, fire, etc.

There is a service at Online Backup, Data Backup & Remote Backup Solutions from Mozy.com – Welcome that will give you 2GB of on line storage and an automatic backup for free. If you have more than 2 GB*, you can have unlimited backup for $4.00 a month.

Think of photos, financial info and everything else.

AC

Back
Top Bottom