"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Whenever I wear my doggies, they are conversation starters. And FUN. But I will definitely "coat" the next pair with varnish (or something) because they scuff.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #52
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Whenever I wear my doggies, they are conversation starters. And FUN. But I will definitely "coat" the next pair with varnish (or something) because they scuff.
The fun part. So many of my patients miss the fun in life...I like to bring it in when I can.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:40 AM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The fun part. So many of my patients miss the fun in life...I like to bring it in when I can.
A friend who is a physiotherapist and animal rehab therapist has the dogs, the cats, and the horses. She wears them to work all the time--but when she is wearing her animal rehab hat, she always wears the pair that represent which species has the most appointments that day. At the vet clinic where she does her rehab work, the female vets have all bought either the dog or cat clogs!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
A friend who is a physiotherapist and animal rehab therapist has the dogs, the cats, and the horses. She wears them to work all the time--but when she is wearing her animal rehab hat, she always wears the pair that represent which species has the most appointments that day. At the vet clinic where she does her rehab work, the female vets have all bought either the dog or cat clogs!
Cute! I have a Slinky Dog, I take him to work and drag him behind me, cracks them up!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Okay, those of you who have more experience (and knowledge) about chickens, one of my Rhode Island Reds lays 2 eggs each morning. She lays the first one around 7 a.m. and the next one around 11:00 a.m. When I bought the hens, the guy said he had one, didn't know which, that was a double yolker. I haven't heard back from him if he still has that hen. Could it be that she was the double-yolker and is now laying 2 eggs / day? I'm not complaining, 3 eggs from two hens isn't such a hard thing to take--especially since the 2 I collect at 7 a.m. are still WARM. (How much fresher can you get?). Everything I've read says they can lay 2 eggs in 24 hours, but that this shortens the time that they will lay eggs over their lifetimes. Anyone know why this hen is laying 2 eggs in such a short period of time? Or is she just "Fertile Myrtle"? Or, is it because she's only ~30 weeks and hasn't regulated yet? These are nice sized eggs, btw. And tasty <g>.

Tags
chicken raising