ISO - Anadama Bread Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterychef

Senior Cook
When we were young we used to visit our grandparents in the central Vt. mountains near Norwich Military Academy. I specifically remember a homemade bread, I think it was called amadama bread. I believe it was made with cornmeal flour and molasses. It may be American Indian or French Canadian in origin. I remember eating it hot with maple butter on it. It also made great French toast. Does anyone know anything or have a recipe. It would be much appreciated . mysterychef

When we were young we used to visit our grandparents in the central Vt. mountains near Norwich Military Academy. I specifically remember a homemade bread, I think it was called amadama bread. I believe it was made with cornmeal flour and molasses. It may be American Indian or French Canadian in origin. I remember eating it hot with maple butter on it. It also made great French toast. Does anyone know anything or have a recipe. It would be much appreciated . mysterychef

I remember it well. This bread was around during the early Colonial days.

New England Anadama Bread: King Arthur Flour :angel:

Last edited:
I remember it well. This bread was around during the early Colonial days.

New England Anadama Bread: King Arthur Flour :angel:

Thanks for all the help. I am not a baker per say. I now have time to try things I normally didn't have time for. I will remember to use '' King Arthur's'' Flour recipe resources. Many years ago I visited them in Vt. and was very impressed with the company and it's customer servce. Being from Vt. My grand mother would only use ''K.A.F.''mysterychef

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom