ISO baby names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I met a very nice nurse today when Paul was in recovery. Her name is Pamela and she had the nicest accent. She is from England
The name John has been in our family for at least 5 generations..my first son's name,,The Irish version is Sean. (Shawn)
I like the name Michael, Michelle and Michaela.
Dove

mrsmac said:
When I was pregnant with my youngest I loved the name Liam but DH said it reminded him of Liam Gallagher from Oasis!

Corazon- Wow, a baby how exciting! :) congrats!

I've ALWAYS loved the name Liam...even more so when it reminds me of Liam Gallager from Oasis ( I love them even though they can be jerks). I used to work with a Liam who was HOT!~

I read a book once about careers and advancement, and one thing that I learned was that having a strong name really helps people professionally. They suggested people who were named for example Jessica and went by Jes or Jessie for short to go with Jessica at work, as people were more likely to take them seriously if they didn't have a "cutsie name". I LOVE cutsie names such as:

Maddie (short for Madeline)
Roxy
Joey (girl short for joesephine)
etc.

Anyhow, I love some of the names you chose some of my favorites are:
Marisol (always reminds me of Rob Thomas' wife who is BEAUTIFUL!)
Avery
Skye

I also always liked the names

skyler
Mallory
Jake ( I totaly agree with the person who said it is a strong manly name!)
Brynn
Conor
Raven
Ari
Jordan

Good luck!!

Doctor Roxanne Gilbert

ah but see Z... my initials are D.D.S.
so with that you have the dentist thing
down already. a dentisit is a doctor right ?

corazon90 said:
I like the name Lance too, but DH says no way.:( I also suggested Maddox, Theo, Blake, and Luke but they were beaten down as well.

I'm with him on all of those.

KAYLINDA said:
I've had to beat down Lance a number of times myself! lol

:ohmy: ( LOL )

Anybody with that name faces a future of being BEAT DOWN. I'm serious, now. No Lance.

middie said:
going subliminal here...

desiree
desiree
desiree
desiree

is it working yet ? lol
If you have a girl and you name her Desiree, do NOT give her a middle name like Olivia. No girl wants the initials D.O.G.!!!!!

I love my daughter's name, Nancy Jean, which means full of grace/gift from God. For boys, I kind of like the combination David Michael. My grandson's name is Andrew Austin, which I think sounds nice together. My granddaughter's name is Hannah Linda (the Linda for my mom), which means full of grace/beautiful.

:) Barbara
Andrew and Hannah:

Attachments

• Andrew and Hannah March 2005 (2).jpg
    Andrew and Hannah March 2005 (2).jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 185
We seem much more conservative about names here in the UK - granted, due to the TV and pop industries we have quite a few Kylies (no offence, Kyles!),Britneys etc... but many of our names are family ones.

The Scottish culture of naming used to be

first son named after paternal GrandF, second after maternal GF, first girl after maternal GM (that's my name!), second girl after maternal GM..(that's my sister!) And then a free for all with the names of maternal and paternal uncles and aunts.

Names in my immediate family, Ishbel, Fiona, Catriona, Morag, Maeve, Elspeth. Boys: Malcolm, Iain, Alistair, Ruaridh (Rory), Torquil, James, Stewart, William.

If you have a girl and you name her Desiree, do NOT give her a middle name like Olivia. No girl wants the initials D.O.G

i have to agree lol.
my name's desiree dawn.
but hey you can go desiree lynn if you want.
my son is william austin. i think it sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom