ISO baby names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always known people who share my name and it's rather comforting. Some of my friends have beautiful and uncommon names and hate it. As an example, there's Siobhan (shi- vaughn) who sounds petite and french, but is a stocky redhead. And nobody knows how to spell her name. She has always been an extreme tomboy who prefers BMX racing to ballet, and I just find that her name really doesn't suit her. I like neutral, traditional names.

If your last name is Weiser, whatever you do, don't name the kid Bud. (True story.)

If your last name is Pryde, whatever you do don't name the little baby girl Gaye.

A friend of mine is going to name his son Brock... It's a nice strong name. I'm starting to like it but at first all I could think of was BROCK the ROCK...

I went to school with a Brock and we always calle dhim Broccoli....mind you thats when we were in college....

mish said:
If your last name is Weiser, whatever you do, don't name the kid Bud. (True story.)

But, this one is TRUE. Guess one might take into consideration what the nickname will be. Kids can be awfully cruel. (The name was actually Bernard, & Bud for short.)

I've had a few select names thrown my way too....one way or another a child will be bugged even with the biggest walls around him! All you can tell tehm is to laugh with the culprits and soon they wont find it as humerous

I believe it is very important to think about the name and what historical implications it has. I knew this boy named Adolf and everyone was like bothering him with ww2 jokes and stuff. Or I knew this girl named Ursula and she was around 7 o 8 when the little mermaid came out. The mean witch in the little mermaid was called Ursula and the girl was always upset when others called her the mean one or stuff like that. Kids tend to be mean with each other, especially in school and under peer pressure. I do not have any kids of my own... yet. But my fiance and I have already chosen some we like and that would go well with his last name GILLIS.

Boy: Raphael, Alexandre,

Girls: Louise (Like it especially in Spanish: Luisa), Beatrice

I heard this joke once:

A psychologist told three mothers she could figure out what their fantasies were by the names they had given their kids. She says to the first mother:

"I know you have an obsession with money because you named your daughter Penny"

Then she said to the second mother:

"I know you are obsessed with food and sweets because you named your daughter Candy."

Suddenly the third mother drags his kid out of the room saying:

"Hurry up and lest go, Dick"

Here are a Few Scottish names I found with a couple I added ! :angel:

Girls Names

Alexandra
Eileen
Evenstar
Iseabail = Is-eh-bel
Keitha
Marina

Boys Names

Conway