ISO Bluebird help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
The past couple weeks, as I've been driving to work, or in to town, I've been seeing several bluebirds on the fencelines. I didn't know they stayed around all year. Other than putting up some bluebird houses this spring, is there anything else I can do to attract them to my place? We've got a couple birdfeeders up, one for seeds, and one for suet blocks.

LOLOLOLOLOL - I already had an answer before I read your thread - my answer was two :cat::cat: ......now I see that may not be the answer you are looking for :blush: Sorry - that's all I had to offer :neutral:

Allen you may find this site helpful. Normally there is no need to "feed" bluebirds. They do quite well finding insects etc. Some pet stores sell "mealy worms" that they will devour when offered.

Home Page

:) Looked in my bird feeding guide. This is what bluebirds.thrushes and robins like. Suet, suet mixes, mealworms, berries, baked goods, chopped fruits, soaked raisins ( not in rum :LOL:) currants, nutmeats and sunflower hearts.

"soaked raisins ( not in rum :LOL:)"

Birds do like to get drunk, though. They wait until the lovely orange berries on the pyracantha bushes are rotten, and THEN they eat them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom