ISO feedback about boxer puppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you picked out a name yet? I think "Smoke King" or "Bob" are both fine names.:LOL:

Im going to have to second "Bob"

My freinds had boxers. They got tired of the BVDs. lol

but seriously. I had 2 freinds each had a boxer from the same litter. kinda cool. they are very nice loveable dogs.

very high energy. they love there walks and running around.

take pics and post them.

We have a Boxer-Lab mix and let me tell you he might have the size of a lab but personality and energy he is ALL Boxer. Everything everyone has said about energy and chewing and playing is true. Peanut is just over 2 years old, still FULL of energy, he loves to be outside playing in the yard it is fenced) He loves to investigate and chew. Do Not leave anything lying around. Peanut took a CD off the coffee table and chewed it up. One night I came home and found he had dragged the cord from he fan (unplugged) into his crate and chewed throiugh it. He sill pick stuff up and chews/plays with it, more so than the others.

Get your dog crate trained is a good idea. Peanut loves his, it is his space. We just leave the door open and he goes in there when he wants to nap or wants away from the other 3 dogs.

Attachments

• Peanut_Portrait.jpg
    Peanut_Portrait.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 147
Dina, if you've been to Wal-Mart and Petco "just looking" you've already decided and you know it-Good for you!! All kids should have a dog.

Have you picked out a name yet? I think "Smoke King" or "Bob" are both fine names.:LOL:

Be sure and let us know how it turns out!!

Funny! We went mostly to get the total price on the bill my husband's going to foot out. LOL

very true smoke king.

my 2 pooches turned my parents back into dog lovers.

they had to put our dog down when i was 2, 26 years ago, it really effected my dad. but they turned but now they dont want our dogs to leave.

Or you could potty train him to ring a bell hanging from a string on the back door, like my little poodle does!!! :)
Some of the people at my GSD group do that too! We have the perfect bell for it, and I would love to teach Cubbie to do that. Right now he jumps up on the door, which makes a horrible noise. He couldn't possibly hurt this door, but someday we would like to build a nice house on our property and don't want him ruining a nice door.

:)Barbara

It's was pretty easy for me.. but my dog is very smart.. AND I started it when he was only 6-8 weeks old. I just went to the Dollar Store and bought a package of christmas bells.. took 4 or 5 of them and tied them all in a bundle at the end of a string, then tied the string to the handle of our back door. By the time I did this, he was already going to the back door, sitting down, and starring at me when he needed to potty. So every time he did that, i'd take his paw, and make him "ring the bell" before i'd let him go outside. After a couple weeks of doing it for him, I started making him wait a bit. I'd see him sitting there,and would just ignore it for about 5 min. Then i'd go over, and make him ring it. I'd say it probably took a good month doing that.. Then one day he just walked up to it and rang it. He's been doing it ever since (He's about 1 1/2 yrs. old now)

He loves to be outside when Daddys mowing the yard, and if I don't let him out before Nick starts, i'll hear him hitting that bell over and over again... lol

Cubbie is a lot older than that (21 months), but he is smart, so I hope he will catch on quickly. James had bought a little cowbell type bell for something else, but it didn't work out, so I may try to use it for this purpose.

:)Barbara

Dina, IMHO you can't put a price on the happiness that pup will bring to your home!

Hubbys $$ will be well spent!:)

You're right about that. My kids are very excited to get the puppy so I will go ahead and get it.

Thanks everyone for your input. I know this will be good and bring much joy to my kids.

On the doorbell ringing....

One of my customers trained their Great Danes to step on one of those wireless doorbells you can get now. Pretty neat idea if your door is a ways off from where you hang out watching the tube or whatever.

My dogs? They stand there and look at me. I have to ask them if they want to go out. That works for me, but I find it odd I've never had a dog in my life who would go to the door and wait to go out, let alone bark or jump at the door.

:) As I have posted before my boxer mix Daisy was taught to ring a wireless door bell. She learned it the first time I showed her. All it is, is a cheap wirelees doorbell from Walmart I put the button down to her eye level and the chime in the house pushes it with her nose. She uses it every time she or the other two dogs want in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom