"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Yeah that's true. A lady in the neighborhood who has a boxer, but he's the size of a Mastiff. He's ginormous.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke king View Post

Have you picked out a name yet? I think "Smoke King" or "Bob" are both fine names.
Im going to have to second "Bob"

My freinds had boxers. They got tired of the BVDs. lol

but seriously. I had 2 freinds each had a boxer from the same litter. kinda cool. they are very nice loveable dogs.

very high energy. they love there walks and running around.

take pics and post them.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #23
Master Chef

Site Moderator

We have a Boxer-Lab mix and let me tell you he might have the size of a lab but personality and energy he is ALL Boxer. Everything everyone has said about energy and chewing and playing is true. Peanut is just over 2 years old, still FULL of energy, he loves to be outside playing in the yard it is fenced) He loves to investigate and chew. Do Not leave anything lying around. Peanut took a CD off the coffee table and chewed it up. One night I came home and found he had dragged the cord from he fan (unplugged) into his crate and chewed throiugh it. He sill pick stuff up and chews/plays with it, more so than the others.

Get your dog crate trained is a good idea. Peanut loves his, it is his space. We just leave the door open and he goes in there when he wants to nap or wants away from the other 3 dogs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Peanut_Portrait.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	5537  
Old 09-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke king View Post
Dina, if you've been to Wal-Mart and Petco "just looking" you've already decided and you know it-Good for you!! All kids should have a dog.

Have you picked out a name yet? I think "Smoke King" or "Bob" are both fine names.

Be sure and let us know how it turns out!!
Funny! We went mostly to get the total price on the bill my husband's going to foot out. LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Funny! We went mostly to get the total price on the bill my husband's going to foot out. LOL

Dina, IMHO you can't put a price on the happiness that pup will bring to your home!

Hubbys $$ will be well spent!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #26
Sous Chef

very true smoke king.

my 2 pooches turned my parents back into dog lovers.

they had to put our dog down when i was 2, 26 years ago, it really effected my dad. but they turned but now they dont want our dogs to leave.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #27
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoRacingKid View Post
My freinds had boxers. They got tired of the BVDs.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #28
Sous Chef

Or you could potty train him to ring a bell hanging from a string on the back door, like my little poodle does!!! :)
Old 09-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #29
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner_chef View Post
Or you could potty train him to ring a bell hanging from a string on the back door, like my little poodle does!!! :)
Some of the people at my GSD group do that too! We have the perfect bell for it, and I would love to teach Cubbie to do that. Right now he jumps up on the door, which makes a horrible noise. He couldn't possibly hurt this door, but someday we would like to build a nice house on our property and don't want him ruining a nice door.

Barbara
Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #30
Sous Chef

It's was pretty easy for me.. but my dog is very smart.. AND I started it when he was only 6-8 weeks old. I just went to the Dollar Store and bought a package of christmas bells.. took 4 or 5 of them and tied them all in a bundle at the end of a string, then tied the string to the handle of our back door. By the time I did this, he was already going to the back door, sitting down, and starring at me when he needed to potty. So every time he did that, i'd take his paw, and make him "ring the bell" before i'd let him go outside. After a couple weeks of doing it for him, I started making him wait a bit. I'd see him sitting there,and would just ignore it for about 5 min. Then i'd go over, and make him ring it. I'd say it probably took a good month doing that.. Then one day he just walked up to it and rang it. He's been doing it ever since (He's about 1 1/2 yrs. old now)

He loves to be outside when Daddys mowing the yard, and if I don't let him out before Nick starts, i'll hear him hitting that bell over and over again... lol