ISO gift ideas for cooking club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
What gifts do you give to your guests when you host a lunch party? I was hoping to find canning jars at WalMart today to add some premeasured dry ingredients for cookies but they're no where to be found. I don't want to spend a fortune on the gifts either as my paella ingredients (including that lobster and saffron) cost A LOT already. Any gift ideas you all might have in mind? Thanks.

Hm. Well, I've never hosted a lunch party, but I've hosted dinner parties, and am currently part of a gourmet dinner group, and it never occurred to me to give gifts *and* cook dinner.

Maybe you could find suitable containers at the dollar store.

Dina, buy some nice cellophane and a bunch of Hersheys hugs and kisses and wrap them as little packages. That isn't too much and makes a nice statement for you.

I have given away a box car load of Hershey kisses in my life time. Two or three here and there during Holidays to almost everyone I come into contact with; young ,old, friends, strangers, it doesn't matter. During the winter months I almost always have a bag in my coat pocket to hand out. I have never, ever given away two/three of them without it eliciting a big smile from the recipient!!:)

So another "vote' for little bags of Kisses!!

Do have fun, and Enjoy!

GotGarlic said:
Hm. Well, I've never hosted a lunch party, but I've hosted dinner parties, and am currently part of a gourmet dinner group, and it never occurred to me to give gifts *and* cook dinner.

Me either, isnt the lunch your gift?If anything your guests should bring you a small gift.There, I said it!

I've done small terra cotta flower pots, lined with cellophane either in a color or clear then add a mix of spiced nuts you've made, tie with a wired ribbon. Pretty easy if all the same color and the mixed spiced nuts taste great, add a small card with the recipe printed on it gives your friends something they will ask for anyway and your done.
kadesma ;)

jpmcrew > > >
img_462674_0_907eeb1b3cefb351a243b070a1be817c.gif
:LOL:

I used to have a very tiny whisk that I used a LOT (it someone has gone missing). It's something I used several times a week. Something like that shouldn't be too expensive I don't think.

I vote for the Hershey kisses too!

Edited to say kadesma's suggestion is wonderful too!

You guys are awsome! I will do the Hershey's kisses in a pretty container, perhaps a canning one so they can keep their spices in. Thanks a million. I plan to give the gifts to the friends who have hosted a luncheon at their homes already. They've brought me some wine and magnetic notepads for my fridge. Another one got me some delicious cookies to add to the dessert options.

Dina,
Get a simpled recipe for Chocloate Truffles and you can even use regular chocolate chips to make them. Wrap them in a colored cellophane and maybe attach the recipe you used for the truffles onm a decorated 3x5 card.

Our cooking gathering is this Friday again and I'm bringing two grapefruit pies and truffles with kisses in some pretty containers wrapped with a pretty ribbon. I will include the recipe for the truffles to the ribbon. Thank you all so much.

Back
Top Bottom