ISO Hamster advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hamsters cannot breath when on their backs, if I recall correctly. It would worry me if a hamster was opting to roll on its back, and really, don't let your kids hold it this way for long.

Yes, vets do see hamsters, I would be taking the hamster to a vet ASAP.

I wouldn't be to hard on yourself over the three y.o. She's old enough to start learning about pet care and repsonsibilty and although its not good whats happened, she will learn the conseuences of her actions. Hard, but true.

She is still alive, still having problems moving around and keeps rolling over every so often. We are going to try and get her to drink some water and see if she can eat any food here in a little bit.

Broken ribs puncturing a lung?
Pnemonia from water being injested in his lungs?
Both?
Doesn't sound good, poor baby.
Stick to bigger babies til the little ones lean their own strength and their fagility and dependence on humans.

If it comes to it, do the shoebox in the back yard cerimony, so they learn even the little ones are God's babies and are important.

Believe it or not, the hamster is still alive. She walks around like she is drunk, but is able to eat, drink, and move around (more like stumble around) the entire cage including up the tubes.
So, I am thinking maybe stroke and this is how she is going to be from now on out.

Believe it or not, the hamster is still alive. She walks around like she is drunk, but is able to eat, drink, and move around (more like stumble around) the entire cage including up the tubes.
So, I am thinking maybe stroke and this is how she is going to be from now on out.
:( Aw man that is so sad:neutral: Maybe she has brain damage from her near fatal drowning if she is eating etc maybe she will get better I sure hope so. Maybe you could get her a mate to keep her company.

I don't think she is in any pain, at least she doesn't act like she is. Very alert, there are three levels to the cage and she is active on all of them, even built a nest on the top one.
She just can't walk straight and keeps falling over. I don't think she has any sense of balance left. And I don't think I can put more than one in a cage?? I thought they told me just one unless they are of the opposite sex... in which case no way I want little ones running around, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom