ISO help for my son's school project. Vintage clothing pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
This is one of those cases where Google is NOT my friend!
TOO MUCH INFO!
My son has to make a clothespin doll for school of one of his ancestors. He has chosen my Mom's grandpa because he came here from Hungary thru Ellis Island.
I'm having trouble finding pics of the clothing a young-ish (20's?) guy from Hungary would be wearing in the early 1900's.
If Germans are easier I can get him to switch to my Grandpa who came here in the 1920's or early 30's at age 14...... :ermm:
Am I making ANY sense and can you help?

dang, why couldnt they just wear jeans and a t-shirt?

1900 was part of the Edwardian and Victorian era with an emphasis on Victorian, all of europe was involved in that fashion. While there may be folk costumes associated with Hungary, people wouldn't travel across the ocean wearing those costumes. Those outfits were saved for special holidays and rituals.

Do an easire search, Hungary 1900. When you see the images, you'll notice they are wearing normal suits, just like anyone else. They'd have more elaborate coats, hats, accessories, etc...but, still, suits.

Should be easire for you, this way.

dang, why couldnt they just wear jeans and a t-shirt?

I've been to Hungary twice and from what I remember, men wore white shirts and black pants. The women were brightly colored. I will post two pictures, one of a shirt and one of a group of women. This is rural Hungary, not a fashion conscious part of Europe!

Anyway, cool project for the kid!

Attachments

• shirt950 (2).jpg
    shirt950 (2).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF0926.jpg
    DSCF0926.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 201
nice outfits....
So glad my ancestors all left I could be wearing THAT today instead of my boot cuts!!!!

Back
Top Bottom