ISO Help! Hunter Energy Monitor 3 Thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Help! I can't find the manual and haven't programmed the AC on this for 4 years. It is 30C in the house and I'm dieing! I've looked in vain on line for the manual--does anyone have this type of thermostat and if so, can you walk me through getting the AC to kick on? The breaker is on, but when I switch from auto to fan, the furnace fan doesn't come on.

If you can find a web site for the manufacturer, you should be able to get a phone number so you can talk to someone about technical support.

That's assuming you got them to reconnect your phone.

Try to relax. my friend, you've got a lot going on: moving, chickens, chicks, etc., etc.

If you can find a web site for the manufacturer, you should be able to get a phone number so you can talk to someone about technical support.

That's assuming you got them to reconnect your phone.

Try to relax. my friend, you've got a lot going on: moving, chickens, chicks, etc., etc.
No model #. I've replaced the battery. I've pushed the reset pin, I've reprogrammed it. I've reprogrammed it again. The bleeping AC doesn't kick in. Customer service is the call I'll make tomorrow.

No model #. I've replaced the battery. I've pushed the reset pin, I've reprogrammed it. I've reprogrammed it again. The bleeping AC doesn't kick in. Customer service is the call I'll make tomorrow.

Spray bottles of water and a fan...I remember one beastly summer when I spent most of my free time in a cold shower. Wish I could help! {{{CWS}}}

I don't think it's the thermostat. There should be a reset button on the AC unit. That could be the issue. It could also be a more expensive problem.

I was out looking at the AC unit. I couldn't find a reset button. Mind you, I was doing so with a flashlight. I'll look again in the morning when it is daylight.

My AC uses the same blower fan as the furnace. It could be the blower itself is bad. That's happened to me, of course during a heat wave.

My AC uses the same blower fan as the furnace. It could be the blower itself is bad. That's happened to me, of course during a heat wave.
That makes sense. I tried to kick on the furnace, nadda. So either it is the thermostat, but more likely the blower fan.

The AC's circuit breaker (and the furnace's) are not tripped. I have found the furnace manual and the AC manual. Next step is to clean the blower. I am not comfortable re: gas or electricity, so I might wait until s/one else is here, just in case.

To conclude the story of the non-functioning furnace/AC fan...it was neither the blower nor the filter nor the circuit breaker nor the AC unit nor the thermostat...there is a light switch mounted on the ceiling in the basement (don't ask me why it is there, that is how it was when I bought the house). I have two interns (they work for an honorarium for a charity for which I am a Director) lodging with me until the end of September. Well, one is not a native English speaker. I am guessing he went down to do laundry and was trying to figure out where the light switch was, flipped it. When I asked him how he got the AC going the other day (I was at the farm and had left a note re: how to turn on the AC), he said that he wasn't the one who turned it on. What I didn't ask him was if he had flipped any switches in the basement! I didn't even think to check that switch! So all is good, AC is running and we all slept much better last night. All it cost me was I had to make dinner.

Thanks everyone for the responses. We did clean the blower per the instructions in the manual, so that was a good thing. That didn't fix the problem, but it needed to be done.

Last edited:
So...you just had to flip it on?!? Somebody's flying fickle finger of fate was the problem?!?

So...you just had to flip it on?!? Somebody's flying fickle finger of fate was the problem?!?
Well, you had to reach over your head and then flip it on...yup. S/body flipped it (and it wasn't me, I'd just arrived from the farm and when I'd left, the A/C was working fine). Live and learn.

Back
Top Bottom