ISO Laundry help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
and the first one on that list would be me, my darling sistah...............

Be nice to me Mud... or I may have to cover you up. :-p Shua, I always share. :)

You two! You made me snort my tea! Now I have another stain to work on! (Mish, check your user cp.)

:) I use Shout stain remover it works great especially on grease I spray till saturated and wait at least one night then wash.

Alix, Im pretty sure that once you dry the stain, your hooped. A quick and stupid story. I had red paint on a yellow shirt, it went through the dryer. I tried many things, nothing worked. Dumb me thought about using a yellow highlighter pen :LOL: Hey, it could work right? It might cover it up and be permanent :ROFLMAO: Ok, so it highlighted the stain even more :mad: What was I thinking :wacko:

I looked online and found that a paste of water and cream of tartar, rubbed onto the stain and left for at least 30 minutes then rinsed off, is supposed to work with dried on fruit stains. They also said you can soften it with glycerine first. Good luck.

Wooo! Mrsmac, you RULE. Thats going on my list. You know, I wouldn't try so hard, but Madeleine only wore this shirt ONCE!

If none of these ideas work (and I hope one does!) there is one last resort. You have to use your credit card to get rid of the stain.

Ok, it isn't actually that simple--there are a couple steps to this process.

First you toss the stained item in the trash, then you get in your car and drive to the mall, and finally you pull your credit card out and buy a new one.

Good luck with the other methods. But before you begin combining methods, remember the movie "The Incredible Shrinking Woman!"

:) Barbara

Make a paste of Oxiclean. Spray the spot with Zout and apply the paste of Oxy. Let sit. Wash. This removed a LOT of raspberry stain from a cotton sweater!!

Barbara, I LOLed at your "stain removal" method. You goofball!

Gretchen, the oxiclean did NOT work for me. I suspect (and many have confirmed) that the run through the dryer may have set this stupid stain for good. I'm currently still soaking the shirt and it may be my imagination, but the spot looks lighter.

Oh, and Gretchen, try the boiling water trick for your next raspberry stain. Ken was picking raspberries in wheat coloured pants once and a raspberry dropped into his pocket and made a horrible mess. The boiling water took it right out. It also works on carpets if anyone is interested. Someone who shall remain nameless spilled cran raspberry juice on our new cream coloured area rug (3 days after I bought it!!) and the boiling water trick removed the entire stain. Excellent little trick that one.

I guess you did my whole process of the Zout, and oxyclean PASTE. Leave it on for a night.
The raspberry stain was not just a/one raspberry. It was courtesy of the TSA who opened a quart jar of raspberry salsa in a piece of luggage by CUTTING the lid off. The bottle had been wrapped in bubble wrap and 2 plastic bags. They returned it to the bag opened and not in anything. The stain covered the front of a white smooth cotton sweater. Bleached first in the hottest water. Not entirely removed. The zout and oxyclean made it whter than it has ever been. But I guess it just isn't to work for you.

Yes Gretchen I made an Oxiclean PASTE. I am unsure if Zout is available here so I did not use that step. :)

That sounds like a terrible experience on your sweater. Major major mess.

OK, Its been a week. I did the dishwasher soap thing. No change. I decided to soak in a very concentrated solution of Amaze and scrub with spot remover every day. Its faded, but still visible. Got a paste thing on it right now and will see if that kills it. I feel victory in the air! Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions to me. I'm going to keep this thread bookmarked for future reference.

OK - here's my suggestion - but you will probably have to order this stuff on-line. There is a bar soap called Fels Naptha that has worked on every stain I've tried it on - even set in blood. It's an old fashioned thing but it does the job. Rub it on the stain, let it sit for a little while & wash.

Alix said:
Ken was picking raspberries in wheat coloured pants once and a raspberry dropped into his pocket and made a horrible mess.

hey honey, is that a raspberry in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me...

man, that must have really freaked out ken at first, huh alix?

this may sound strange, but i've used ronson lighter fluid (naptha) to successfully remove set stains on clothing and carpeting. ya know, the kind you use in a zippo lighter. just be careful tho. it'll ruin some types of material, but it might be worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom