ISO penpals for a 14-year-old girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
In one of my other forums there was a question if somebody knows someone as a penpals for a 14year-old girl from Germany...
Does anybody know somebody??

Do you think ity would be safer for this 14 year old girl to approach one of her teachers and ask for her help in being put in contact with a pen pal?
Many schools have exchange schemes and other schemes whereby they can put pupils in touch with pupils from another country.:)

I do not know anyone but I think that the 14 year old girl should look to her teachers at school and they might be able to get the information for her.

Yes, you need to contact the foreign exchange student activities with your school. There may be some german students in the program that would like to share their experiences with her.
And you should keep her private information strickly confidential. My Space is full of people using their old school pictures and posing as teens. Most kids know who their friends are and it is fun to post. But trying to make friends on My Space is a big no no!!!

I agree with everyone, go through the school, it's much safer than an online contact for a child this age. I would never suggest "my space" for anyone under 18.

I wouldn't use myspace either but... maybe Cara was thinking that one of us had a friend or a daughter would like to be a penpal?

pdswife said:
I wouldn't use myspace either but... maybe Cara was thinking that one of us had a friend or a daughter would like to be a penpal?

pds, you got it ;)
I would never never suggest her to get in contact with some strangers, that's why I thought of YOU!
I think her school doesn't offer anything like that, otherwise she would have used that..

Lots of schools in Europe do not arrange such a thing. In fact, we were positively discouraged from penpals at my school in UK, a big shock when I got there. :(

Cara, someone on my other forum was asking, can't remeber the age, I'll check it out.

I think being a penpal with the soldiers would be pretty good. As long as they leave out horrific details.

a Very good Chemist Friend of mine in the Netherlands has 2 daughters, they may be interested?
the oldest one is roughly the same age I beleive.

YT2095 said:
a Very good Chemist Friend of mine in the Netherlands has 2 daughters, they may be interested?
the oldest one is roughly the same age I beleive.

why not give it a try? ;o)

Lulu, I answered you! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom