ISO your opinion, best male/female singer of all time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shortchef, weren't they once married?
They also have a son together named Ben, I think. He's a singer/musician too and he sounds so much like his dad! I saw James Taylor in concert just before Fisher was born and his voice is still just as warm and sweet as ever. I played CDs of his music at my last 3 kids' birth because I thought nothing could be more welcoming than his wonderful music.

too many styles and choices in all categories, but here goes:

Aretha just gives me goose bumps every time she opens her mouth

and so did Ray Charles

It really depends on the genre for me.. I really can't pick just two, but if I had to, I would go with the first two into my head. Robert Plant and off the top of my head, I'd say Janis Joplin for my female singer. But I'm not sure.

Some other favorites are Klaus Nomi, James LaBrie, Mikael Akerfeldt, Craig Owens, Stevie Nicks, Ann and Nancy Wilson. Those are the first few that popped into my head. lol Hard decision to make. I'm going to have to think on this a lot.

Oh listen, I don't even know what prompted me to do this thread, because like you, I have dozens of favorites.

I wanted to ask people, who is the best entertainer you've ever seen in person. But then my answers would have varied too.

Ok, I'll answer that one myself. By far, not even a close second, Sammy Davis Jr. He was magic! And I've seen the best..........

I saw Johnny Cash perform. He put on a great show. He was just a bigger than life person. It is hard to believe he is gone.

"BEST ENTERTAINER", Billy Joel!

Wait...................

Maybe ZZ TOP

I'm not sure about ZZ... =/
As much as I love their music... I'm sorry to say that when I saw them in concert two weeks ago, it was weak. They played for 50 minutes (that's including the encore and rounding up), and they hardly spoke to the crowd. I think they managed to say "How're you doing Johnson City?" and then a few little things few and far between. And when they finished, they literally just walked off stage. And their encore was one song - Jailhouse Rock.

Oh well, back onto topic.

Ben Gibbard is another great male vocalist. As is Elton John. I can't believe I forgot him in my other post. Michael Jackson was a good singer before.. Well. You know. Prince is like Michael Jackson, but he plays guitar too. Brian May. Oh my goodness yes. James Hetfield is pretty good too.

I think I'm rambling at this point though. So I'll stop. Sorry. lol

Best entertainer you've seen EVER

I don't know about the decade or what year it was, I was stating about Sammy that he was the best period, that I'd ever seen. No matter what year or decade. I know, many may not know who he is or was, but to those that do, he was perfection in the tiniest package ever. And I thought I was little:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom