"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
Master Chef

Well, you all confirmed my fears. Oh, well. No, my JRs never tried to get over the fence. I think Keiki could have if she'd wanted to. WF could not have gone over the fence on a bet (a stubby JR). I'm still considering her, just with the knowledge that we'd have to tie her. Whippets, by the way, are considerably taller than Italians. Somewhere in between a full greyhound and an Italian. When you look at prints from the 1920s, often there's a thin woman in furs with a brace of whippets. Italians are considerably smaller (the dog I'm considering is 14 1/2 lbs at 8 mos old, in other words, almost fully grown).

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm saying I'm as agile and spry as an Italian Grandmother.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:19 AM   #13
Master Chef

Well, I gave in and applied to Safe Haven for the dog. She is NOT an Italian Greyhound. Definitely Heinz 57. (and, unfortunately, yes, she could easily jump the fence). It was rather funny. Safe Haven requires two references and the name of a vet before you can adopt. My first two references happened to not be home when they called, so I gave several more. By the time we got to the shelter to pick her up then got her home, my neighbor was waiting to meet her. Then when I called "my" vet (now you have to realize my last dog was put down 2 years ago), they said just to bring by her paperwork, they know who she is and will sell me the Heartguard and Frontline based on her exam. (I think the dozen or two vets in the county probably take turns caring for the Safe Haven animals) That's small town life for you!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

What's her name?
Old 03-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
Master Chef

My husband has always wanted to name a dog Rosebud (yes, from the movie), so I let him have his way on this one. At 8 mos old she really had never been named, just by humane society people; didn't answer to a name. So Rosie or Buddy it is.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #16
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
My husband has always wanted to name a dog Rosebud (yes, from the movie), so I let him have his way on this one. At 8 mos old she really had never been named, just by humane society people; didn't answer to a name. So Rosie or Buddy it is.
How sweet. Hugs and doggie treats for your Rosie!

Tags
italian