It's Called DISCUSS COOKING!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vainglorious

Washing Up
What's unclear about that? COOKING! FOOD! DISCUSS! It's a simple concept, folks.

Not stupid word games.

Not who watches idiotic television shows.

Not who thinks some dopey TV chef is cute.

Not my dog/child/grandkid is wonderful.

Not my wife/husband is better/worse than yours.

I came here to learn about cooking food to eat, but there's so much JUNK to wade through, I'm not making much headway.

STOP POSTING GARBAGE AND STICK TO THE TOPIC, PLEASE!

I have a very simple solution to your dilemma......DON'T CLICK THE "OFF TOPIC, JOKES, GAMES" thread.:ermm:

Yes, Vain, you may be getting to the "Latest Topics" page when you log on, which frequently has the games, jokes, "hello" threads on top as the latest posts. Those "off-topic" threads are easy to spot, so yoiu can choose to skip over them. http://www.discusscooking.com/index.php?sid=4fc9680e0971bacb0d4dcb31937bf804

If you want the Forums listings page, save this address http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/ and just click on the topics you are interested in.

Also, the Search function on the menu bar is great for helping you get to topics you are enquiring about that have been previously discussed.

Lee

Discuss Cooking is a community of food lovers. As such, we discuss cooking and foods in a wide variety of forums. Take a minute to check out the listings.

As with any community, the members have interests other than cooking. That's what makes us interesting as people.

As suggested you can choose to limit yourself to forums of interest to you and avoid those that are not. I'm sure we all do that.

You cannot, however, attempt to dictate what the rest of us do or ridicule us for doing it.

Vainglorious said:
What's unclear about that? COOKING! FOOD! DISCUSS! It's a simple concept, folks.

Not stupid word games.

Not who watches idiotic television shows.

Not who thinks some dopey TV chef is cute.

Not my dog/child/grandkid is wonderful.

Not my wife/husband is better/worse than yours.

I came here to learn about cooking food to eat, but there's so much JUNK to wade through, I'm not making much headway.

STOP POSTING GARBAGE AND STICK TO THE TOPIC, PLEASE!
Why are you posting in this forum???

This is the "Off Topic" forum. Our motto is "Discover cooking, discuss life".

Please be respectful to other members in this community and post your questions in the proper forums.

You are given the option to read this secion, also the option to not read this section. If you are going to come here and complain, why don't you choose the option to not read this section.

Vainglorious said:
STICK TO THE TOPIC, PLEASE!
The topic of the forum you are in right now is OFF TOPIC, JOKES, GAMES. These things ARE on topic here.

You are new here. Might I suggest you get to know people here a little bit first before you start complaining that we are not doing things the way you like. This is a highly successful forum. As pointed out our motto is Discover Cooking Discuss Life. That is what happens here and it will not be changing.

img_320751_0_d7954b180ba1f892b31da910ad01eb3d.gif

Gaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
11.gif

Then dont look into this thread! :bash: AND..... you are NOT invited into the Bed & Breakfast! How DARE you put myself and my friends down!! Get some manners! :glare: This is a place of friendship and foodies. You show that our warm fourm is NOT your cup of tea. SO GET THE HECK OUT!!!
2.gif

We love the folks that enjoy our site. :)

Vainglorious, I found your remarks obnoxious and offensive. If you felt strongly enough to have written what you did despite the success of this forum, despite the popularity of the OFF-TOPICS topic, and especially despite your newness to this place, then you obviously don't belong here. One reason why this forum is a success is that members respect one another. You obviously don't have that for us. Good riddance to you.

dear vain...

I really do think that if you give this website and the kind people in it a chance-by going to the forums you are most interested in-then you will find that DC is absolutely awesome!!! Stick with being selective in your searches...you may even eventually find interest in giving the Off Topic, Jokes, Games forum a few moments of your time every once in a while to just let loose and smile at it! God bless you, and feel free to use this site's private message option to message me if you ever wanna make a friend here...i am open to that!
:D :heart: :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom