It's Friday, and I don't want the work week to end.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
Can you believe it? :wacko:

It's not that I want to be at work, mind you. What are the sayings?
"Hate the job, like the paycheck" and "Any port in a storm" come to mind.

It's just that it's 1:30pm EST as I write this. I'll leave the office around 4pm today and when I get home, it will be waiting for me. Home Repair.

I have to finish working on the upstairs bathroom. We're having family in over the Holidays, and so it has to be finished. And that ceiling isn't going to fix itself, and the walls sure aren't going to paint themselves, so I'm gonna have to do it.

It should be easy, in theory it would be. Except the house is nearly 90 years old and things have a way of "complicating" as they get worked on.

Can anyone suggest a good wine or cocktail to go with plaster and paint? :mrgreen:

Ewww. I recommend beer. Seriously. And when the complications hit, well time for the stronger stuff then. I feel for you man. We just had our floors refinished and it was a loooong haul.

Can you believe it? :wacko:

It's not that I want to be at work, mind you. What are the sayings?
"Hate the job, like the paycheck" and "Any port in a storm" come to mind.

It's just that it's 1:30pm EST as I write this. I'll leave the office around 4pm today and when I get home, it will be waiting for me. Home Repair.

I have to finish working on the upstairs bathroom. We're having family in over the Holidays, and so it has to be finished. And that ceiling isn't going to fix itself, and the walls sure aren't going to paint themselves, so I'm gonna have to do it.

It should be easy, in theory it would be. Except the house is nearly 90 years old and things have a way of "complicating" as they get worked on.

Can anyone suggest a good wine or cocktail to go with plaster and paint? :mrgreen:

Something with a lid on it :LOL:

Oh we know all about old houses our was built in 1890. Layers of wall paper, old plaster,old cast iron plumbing need I go on? Beer, then some wine, then tomorrow you will feel lousy. They are coming to see you not the bathroom, I would just make sure the toilet is functioning sweep the floor and relax.

Back
Top Bottom