"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
It's happened! Wedding bells!!!

Dearest DC friends,

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been as "present" here as I had been in the past. That's due to a lot of things, most of which have to do with juggling my life after Buck's death...trying to keep myself sane, juggling our business, managing my finances alone, making it through our horrific ice storm last January, many other issues that are so many I can't even think of them right now.

However, amidst all that I took time to open myself up to getting my life back and meeting people. And, yes, I DID meet someone and his name is Glenn. He's a doll and every bit a good as Buck. He treats me like a queen 24/7 and loves my children and grandchildren.

Now, as Paul Harvey would say, here's the "rest of the story."

On a very sunny, beautiful afternoon - Halloween, to be exact - Glenn and I were married. We were married by one of my dear, dear friends and we had the ceremony at the gazebo in Paducah where Glenn and I met for the first time.

There were only a handful of folks there, Constance and her husband, along with another friend and our witnesses. We didn't tell our families until this last weekend. All our families are happy, happy, happy for us and WE couldn't be happier ourselves.

I never thought I would be this happy again. Losing Buck was the worst thing that had ever happened to me. Glenn is very understanding and knows all about the circumstances of Buck's death and our marriage. He's very supportive and, when I have bad days, he cries along with me. If you know anything about country music, the words to Keith Urban's song, Only You Can Love Me This Way, pretty much sum up what Glenn is to me.

We visited in Atlanta, GA last weekend with 3 of my 5 children and Glenn told them that, "no matter what, he loves their mother and will always take care of her." He DOES take care of me and it's just getting better and better.

I've come back to life and can't wait for each new day to begin. I feel like a teenager and am so thankful that I have the opportunity to begin writing another chapter in my life.

And, I can't finish this announcement without thanking all of you for your love and support. I couldn't have made it without you. DC has become a family to me and I love you all very much.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Everymom

Katie, after Buck died many of us grieved right along with you. Your story together was one of love and true friendship. Your story about finding Glenn and finding love again just makes me smile right down to my toes. I'm so happy for you both. You deserve all the good things life can send your way. Congratulations to Glenn on finding a true gem. He's a lucky guy Katie.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Katie, Best wishes and congratulations to you both. The old song "The Second Time Around" may indeed be true. Glad you found love again.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Katie, this is great news! It's great to see you happy and enjoying life again.

I wish great happiness for you both for a long time to come.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Katie,
I'm so happy for you. I remember the tears we shared when you called. I would worry and pray each day. Then your voice began to change. When you told me about Glenn, I remember thinking he had better be good to Katie or ELSE I need'nt have worried. Now you 're always talking with the Katie voice I remember. Gil loves when he answers and hears you. He and I wish you both the very best and a long happy life together,
hugs friend,
cj
Old 11-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I'll be...Miss Katie done snuck off, and whilst most folks weren't lookin, done got herself hitched!!!...In da broad open daylight at that!! If that don't beat all.... Miss Katie I ain't smiled so big since old Daisy had puppies!! Glory be girl...I'm right proud of ya...Mighty proud I am...I know ya gonna be real happy, and that's good! Yes it is!!! Yes it is!!! ~~~ I gots to axe you a question though...This Glenn feller...Can he Cook????

All the best Katie!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Master Chef

Katie and Glenn, Congratulations!! I'm so glad you found each other. It is always difficult to open yourself up for love again after you've lost your partner. May God bless this union and keep the the two of you under His care as you journey forth together. Blessings!!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #8
Head Chef

Wow, congrats! I felt just terrible knowing how bad you were hurting after Buck's death. I think he'd be really happy to know that you're smile has returned.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
Senior Cook

Congratulations!

We got married on Halloween too.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Mazel Tov, Katie! I just LOVE a good love story, and I'm thrilled to know the smile is back on your face.