"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Certified Cake Maniac

It's like being in the middle of a movie!

Does anyone remember the movie "The Crows". Well we have the odd crow fly around our complex, but 10 minutes ago I started to hear a noise and it is still going. It sounds like hundreds of them cawing. I looked out the window and saw several flying from tree to tree and the roofs are covered in them. It will quiet down a bit and then starts all over. It is REALLY CREEPY.

In the summer I was waiting for DH to pick me up and had a crow swoop down and touch my head and then just keep cawing at me and flying around. I was terrified.

So this ruckus is really giving me the heeby jeebies. Just had to share it.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Does anyone remember the movie "The Crows". Well we have the odd crow fly around our complex, but 10 minutes ago I started to hear a noise and it is still going. It sounds like hundreds of them cawing. I looked out the window and saw several flying from tree to tree and the roofs are covered in them. It will quiet down a bit and then starts all over. It is REALLY CREEPY.

In the summer I was waiting for DH to pick me up and had a crow swoop down and touch my head and then just keep cawing at me and flying around. I was terrified.

So this ruckus is really giving me the heeby jeebies. Just had to share it.
Laurie, I think you mean the "birds," which was an Alfred Hitchcock thriller. Just about scared the beejeepers out of me, even as an adult. I can only imagine how creepy your experience was...it was real and not in a movie.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh, Katie, you are right. My sequel is "The Crows". LOL

They have for the most part settled down, but are still around and I still hear them every few minutes. I won't be going out for my walk or the mail any time soon.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Executive Chef

I have seen that happen from time to time with either crows or those little black birds.....it was always so errie and always make me think of the movie!
About a month ago the same thing happened in my and my neighbors back yards with I think swallows (not sure what bird)....they were EVERYWHERE covering the roofs. phone lines then would dart back and forth from my yard to hers over and over again. I was sitting on my deck at the time and I finally had to go inside because it got to be too many in number! They were gone maybe a hour later....I always wanted to know what cause them to do that!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Master Chef

That would freak me out a bit to Laurie!!! Can you get a pic of it?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
Certified Cake Maniac

Sorry, Sattie, didn't think of getting a picture and now they are out of my range of site (and I am not going out there!). I found out that a car hit one of the big garbage bins around 5 this morning. It is just around the bend from us and I guess it was pretty full. The crash sent much of the garbage all over the place. The crows went after it and the maintenance crew are having a hard time cleaning it up because of the birds swarming. I could stick a microphone out the window and record the squaking if you like!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

I remember the Birds with Tipi Hedren, my b-i-l was dating her then and both said the movie was freaky...I saw it once and that did it for me..Funny thing out here in the country I love listening to the birds and hearing geese and ducks flying over is a wonderful sound..When they gather like Laurie describes it is scary so turn on some music and ignore the ruckus

kades
Old 12-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I remember the Birds with Tipi Hedren, my b-i-l was dating her then and both said the movie was freaky...I saw it once and that did it for me..Funny thing out here in the country I love listening to the birds and hearing geese and ducks flying over is a wonderful sound..When they gather like Laurie describes it is scary so turn on some music and ignore the ruckus

kades
I have the Christmas music on full blast Kades, thanks. Wow, your BIL dated Tipi Hedron? My Dad would be so jealous!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Executive Chef

There might be a road kill or something that attracted them.