It's like being in the middle of a movie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Does anyone remember the movie "The Crows". Well we have the odd crow fly around our complex, but 10 minutes ago I started to hear a noise and it is still going. It sounds like hundreds of them cawing. I looked out the window and saw several flying from tree to tree and the roofs are covered in them. It will quiet down a bit and then starts all over. It is REALLY CREEPY.

In the summer I was waiting for DH to pick me up and had a crow swoop down and touch my head and then just keep cawing at me and flying around. I was terrified.

So this ruckus is really giving me the heeby jeebies. Just had to share it.

Does anyone remember the movie "The Crows". Well we have the odd crow fly around our complex, but 10 minutes ago I started to hear a noise and it is still going. It sounds like hundreds of them cawing. I looked out the window and saw several flying from tree to tree and the roofs are covered in them. It will quiet down a bit and then starts all over. It is REALLY CREEPY.

In the summer I was waiting for DH to pick me up and had a crow swoop down and touch my head and then just keep cawing at me and flying around. I was terrified.

So this ruckus is really giving me the heeby jeebies. Just had to share it.

Laurie, I think you mean the "birds," which was an Alfred Hitchcock thriller. Just about scared the beejeepers out of me, even as an adult. I can only imagine how creepy your experience was...it was real and not in a movie.

Oh, Katie, you are right. My sequel is "The Crows". LOL

They have for the most part settled down, but are still around and I still hear them every few minutes. I won't be going out for my walk or the mail any time soon.

I have seen that happen from time to time with either crows or those little black birds.....it was always so errie and always make me think of the movie!
About a month ago the same thing happened in my and my neighbors back yards with I think swallows (not sure what bird)....they were EVERYWHERE covering the roofs. phone lines then would dart back and forth from my yard to hers over and over again. I was sitting on my deck at the time and I finally had to go inside because it got to be too many in number! They were gone maybe a hour later....I always wanted to know what cause them to do that!

Sorry, Sattie, didn't think of getting a picture and now they are out of my range of site (and I am not going out there!). I found out that a car hit one of the big garbage bins around 5 this morning. It is just around the bend from us and I guess it was pretty full. The crash sent much of the garbage all over the place. The crows went after it and the maintenance crew are having a hard time cleaning it up because of the birds swarming. I could stick a microphone out the window and record the squaking if you like!

I remember the Birds with Tipi Hedren, my b-i-l was dating her then and both said the movie was freaky...I saw it once and that did it for me..Funny thing out here in the country I love listening to the birds and hearing geese and ducks flying over is a wonderful sound..When they gather like Laurie describes it is scary so turn on some music and ignore the ruckus

kades

I remember the Birds with Tipi Hedren, my b-i-l was dating her then and both said the movie was freaky...I saw it once and that did it for me..Funny thing out here in the country I love listening to the birds and hearing geese and ducks flying over is a wonderful sound..When they gather like Laurie describes it is scary so turn on some music and ignore the ruckus

kades

I have the Christmas music on full blast Kades, thanks. Wow, your BIL dated Tipi Hedron? My Dad would be so jealous!;)

Back
Top Bottom