It's like Google. . .But For Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tat Rat, I'm responding to the posts regarding registration. Why are they asking that? Why would you need password help if you don't need to register?

Thank you for your ridiculous picture Picard face plant. Nothing like a feel good reply. Makes me feel bad for cautioning people, many who may not be Internet scam aware, unlike you and I.

Maybe people need to set their BS detectors higher on the Internet...

Have you even clicked the link/been to the site, Gourmet Greg?

Everyone who has ever posted here on DC has had to register, certainly they MUST be up to something:rolleyes:

The site is a free service, free to use, and registration is 100% UP TO THE USER, it is not required. What is so hard to understand?

Barring any computers that may still be in use from 1985, most, if not ALL Internet Browsers will warn you if the site is not trusted/verified, or poses a threat in anyway. If you have clicked the link, and visited the site, you may have missed where the site has been featured/endorse in the Wall Street Journal, CNN, FOX, Reuters, etc etc etc.

i am probably as computer illiterate as a dc member can possibly be. most of the time i just stumble around the best i can, but here is my take on yummly, which i took to immediately: here i see this ginormous recipe database that includes epicurious, food network, chow--twenty in all. so, here is this search engine that specializes in food, recipes and nutrition right out of the gate--easy to access, and no registration required. as always with online, recipes need to be carefully scrutinized for errors/omissions. you heard this from a very suspicious mind....

Why would they send one single person over here to coax us to join their site? Am I the only person with a BS detector?

Yeah, thanks Sean

Oops, sorry folks, that was my doing! I went to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, and emailed them, saying that we were on DC and many of us were having trouble registering. He promptly emailed me back, and came here to fill you all in.

I like to register because I am prone to forgetting things. I will happily use it, but not on FB. The more I hear about FB, the less I like it, even though I have an account under a fake name.

I came across this site before when doing an all day search for a long lost recipe. And I agree with the poster that said to carefully review the recipe before using them as I came across some missing parts. Neat site tho.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom