It's like Google. . .But For Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
Not sure how many are familiar with the site, but wanted to pass it along. . .pretty self explanatory.

Yummly | The best site for recipes, recommendations, food and cooking

Has a lot of filters to help streamline your search, or dietary restrictions, and overall is just a useful "tool" to have in the culinary arsenal for when creativity may not be flowing, or you have some pretty obscure ingredients you may not know what to do with.

Great website! I'm having trouble registering too. It says log in/register, yet there's only a log in form or to sign in with facebook, which isn't working for me at the moment :(

Not sure how many are familiar with the site, but wanted to pass it along. . .pretty self explanatory.

Yummly | The best site for recipes, recommendations, food and cooking

Has a lot of filters to help streamline your search, or dietary restrictions, and overall is just a useful "tool" to have in the culinary arsenal for when creativity may not be flowing, or you have some pretty obscure ingredients you may not know what to do with.

great link, this yummly, w/nutritional info included in recipes. thanks, tat!!:yum::)

Unable to register, when I finally get a sign up it tells me my e-mail has already been used...????

why is registration needed in this case? i haven't attempted to register, but there seems to be no reason to do so either. the link is immediately and totally accessible from what i can tell....

Hi Gang,

Sean from Yummly here. Currently the only way you can create a Yummly account is by using a Facebook account to register. Just push the blue button "Login with Facebook" to create a Yummly account.

Here's a help desk article that explains the advantage to registering:
Why should I register an account on Yummly? : Help Desk

However, you are always welcome to search and browse using all filters without even registering or logging in.

If you have specific problems with registration or questions you can ask here:
Help Desk or email directly at support@yummly.com

We appreciate your interest and hope to see you at Yummly!

thanks,
Sean

I'm having trouble registering on there? Feel a bit silly after you said self explanatory:) It just gives you an option of entering email and password but no registration page? Any ideas please?

Great website! I'm having trouble registering too. It says log in/register, yet there's only a log in form or to sign in with facebook, which isn't working for me at the moment :(

Unable to register, when I finally get a sign up it tells me my e-mail has already been used...????

Can't register. GRRRRR

why is registration needed in this case? i haven't attempted to register, but there seems to be no reason to do so either. the link is immediately and totally accessible from what i can tell....

Thanks, exactly.

Hi Gang,

Sean from Yummly here. Currently the only way you can create a Yummly account is by using a Facebook account to register. Just push the blue button "Login with Facebook" to create a Yummly account.

Here's a help desk article that explains the advantage to registering:
Why should I register an account on Yummly? : Help Desk

However, you are always welcome to search and browse using all filters without even registering or logging in.

If you have specific problems with registration or questions you can ask here:
Help Desk or email directly at support@yummly.com

We appreciate your interest and hope to see you at Yummly!

thanks,
Sean

Thanks for chiming in!

Did you sign up a long time ago and forgot? Do you have a simple password you use for places like that? Does it have a button for help with password?

My e-mail address is only a few years old, I'm sure i would have recognized the site if I'd registered that recently. Anyplace I register I automatically add it to my Bookmarks.

Have better things to do with my time. I really do not need another social network. My needs are met here. Thanks for the suggestions.

It's not a social network, like I said, it's google for food. . . .I am confused as to why so many people are worried about/wanting to register. It's a tool, free to use, no registration required.

I really like it, Tat! As previously stated, no registering needed. And very nice of Sean to come on and 'splain stuff.

Thanks so much for sharing a neat site!

My pleasure, I know that DC is a very informative place, and I certainly don't want to detract from here, I just love that site(also), and it is great for when the inspiration is lacking.

This really disturbs me when somebody comes over from Yummly and registers on our site and says "it's cool, it's okay, just register." I'll caution everybody to be very careful with your FB accounts. Even better, just register on this site with a unique userid (username) and unique password (one you never used on any other site) and see if this is a legitimate site.

Why would they send one single person over here to coax us to join their site? Am I the only person with a BS detector?

Yeah, thanks Sean.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Again, you DON'T have to register. Does everyone register to every site the go to, if there is an option to register?

And lol at feeling coaxed, when the person even says you don't have to register.

Some people just read way to much into things, good lord.

I think your BS detector is set a little high.

Last edited:
No worries. Register, or not. Far as I can tell, the site is legit, and I think it was nice of the admin to come here and explain the purpose and offer help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom