"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Jackie: I remember when I stopped catering, and the great tendency to continue to cook in the great quantities we did for our clients... Ended up with two freezers full of food and had lots of fun giving much of it away, and having friends over to share.

15 years later, I still find it hard to "only" cook for 1 or two, and still enjoy sharing food with family and friends.

You have these wonderful, food-filled holidays coming up that I'm guessing you will enjoy getting to share your delicious creations with the ones you truly love, and after the holidays, many good things will come your way!

That "next door" may swing open sooner than you think.

jj

Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Thanks everyone.I definitly am still cooking I plan on doing alot of holiday cookies etc.Ive got ten people so far for Thanksgiving.So it should be fun.It goes further than that as before my Texas job I worked the Holidays for 11 years so that a total of 21 years working Holidays.Of course it never was that bad to work since I dont have kids.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Jackie, you will adapt to being home now. Find recipes for two and begin organizing and doing stuff you've been wanting to do before. Find hobbies to keep you busy and you'll begin to feel some sort of normalcy staying home. You might even look for a part-time chef position around your area. Relax and enjoy yourself.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Jackie, you will adapt to being home now. Find recipes for two and begin organizing and doing stuff you've been wanting to do before. Find hobbies to keep you busy and you'll begin to feel some sort of normalcy staying home. You might even look for a part-time chef position around your area. Relax and enjoy yourself.
I have a few hobbies making jewelry (I have enough to go to a crafts fair)decorative wooden crosses( have a whole bunch of them from small to 5 feet tall) and canvas floor cloths.Trying to learn the wood router right now.Im starting to get into making breads the artisan varieties Ive got the Bread Alone and the La Brea Bakery bread books I made Ciabbatta the other day it was really good.