It's raining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
It's raining, and pouring, the old man is snoring..

It really is pouring out and the old man is hubby... :LOL:

L.C., that could be a good thing! Sometimes people get cranky when they're stuck inside.
Maybe you should seize the moment too.
A nap is always good & welcome in my home.

It's raining, and pouring, the old man is snoring..

It really is pouring out and the old man is hubby... :LOL:

yea it's raining pretty heavy here too

20416483447.jpg

It happened about 4 hours ago, it's in oshawa ontario. I heard something about a tornado. Another storm coming soon.

Please, send some rain my way! I've had my sprinklers running all day, trying to revive my grass!

Shoot. Rain?!
It rained here yesterday. Very heavy for two hours.
The first pic is of my creek where I normally walk across. It was dried up the day before. There used to be a bridge there, too. I found it today :)
The second pic is a detour the creek took through my yard towards my neighbor's house. If not for a big 6 ft ditch, she might have ended up in Lake Erie :LOL: Yay, me!
The last pic I call My little Amazon :) there's not supposed to be any water there either :ohmy:
At least the rain brought blue skies when it left.

We have broken a 28 year record for the most rainfall this summer. I had to try to empty my huge pots of flowers, as they are rotting. Makes plucky weeds very easy though. But, seriously, for farmers in the area, this is horrible.

As an aside, for anyone who likes golf, the Canadian Open is here this week. They had to cancel the opening on Monday. It has been a horendous week for them. We have spare tickets for the weekend if anyone wants to dodge the rain. :)

It finally rained in Austin today, first time in what feels like over a month. Thanks hurricane Dolly!!! (hope everyone down south is keeping safe!)

Holy cow Gobo, you need pontoons on that car!
And Pacanis, looks like you are up a certain creek without a paddle?
Good thing it didn't get your neighbor, I assume the ditch you mentioned is something you put in?

We've had an extremely wet Spring here. Northeast OK, at least for the immediate Tulsa area, is sitting at about 45" of rain for the year. Another 3" and we'll beat the wettest yearly total. We still have 5 months to go, so the odds are good that we'll beat it.

I didn't put the ditch in, Mav. It came with the house.
It's about 4 ft into it from my side, 6 ft deep from the neighbor's side, and about 7 ft across. It's typically dry, but almost looks like a creek could have been there at one time years ago..... maybe it was put in when the neighbors' built their house to redirect the creek when it overflows, because that's exactly what it does.

We only have sprinkles here in Chesterfield just now. But we had three hot days, muggy mostly. Now it is cooler outside than inside the house so the aircon doesn't want to give us more cool air until it becomes warmer outside...

we set the central air thermostat at 74 but use the ceiling fan to help cool the room.

Ya know, they can figure out how to pump oil all over the place thru pipelines, you'd think they could figure out how to pump too much rain from Pacanis' backyard to Babe's tinderbox or my crunchy lawn.

Back
Top Bottom