I've at last had the results .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
Today I got the results of all the scans I've had to have. Results: Asfasia.
It's a disorder that affects the function the brain, with problems with misunderstanding, and difficulty in pronouncing words.

It would seem that the causes could be brain damage, or haemorrage of the brain, or brain haemorrage, or tumor of the brain, plus other problems relating to the function of the brain.

I get frequent headaches, each worse than the last.

On the bright side, now that I know what is, we can start to do something that will along the way.

Wish me luck! I could do with that just now!

di reston

I'm sorry to hear that, di, although I'm sure it's a relief to have a diagnosis, so you can move forward. I hope your doctors are able to find an effective treatment. Take care and let us know how you're doing. Hugs.

I can't say anything better than what those before me posted. Take care, di, and good luck. I hope you find relief soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Great to hear that you have a diagnosis. Now you and the doctors can treat the problem. Good luck!

CD

So sorry to hear about this, di, but glad it has been diagnosed, so treatment can start. Prayers and positive thoughts to you, and I hope they can make good progress.

I think CD's intention was to make it easy for English speakers to search for info about this.

Thank you. I wanted to know more about Di's condition, and thought other DC members would, too. I went with the Mayo Clinic's spelling to make it easier or others to do searches. No offense intended to Di.

CD

I think CD's intention was to make it easy for English speakers to search for info about this.
I know. All I'm saying is that di's spelling is not incorrect. Also, if you search for "afasia," and your typical search language is English, at least some of the results will be in English. Technology can all but read your mind these days.

...if you search for "afasia," and your typical search language is English, at least some of the results will be in English. Technology can all but read your mind these days.
"Technology can all but read your mind" No Kidding! I did do my search using di's spelling. Automagically, Google knew to offer me links to the correct sites with the US spelling.

Casey Dog,

That's when I get muddled, and I get the spelling wrong, and then it gets worse because I get muddled and I can't talk properly. Poor OH, it does upset me when I do like to try but it's when only when things are better.

di reston

Casey Dog,

That's when I get muddled, and I get the spelling wrong, and then it gets worse because I get muddled and I can't talk properly. Poor OH, it does upset me when I do like to try but it's when only when things are better.

di reston

Reading the information at the Mayo Clinic site did help me to better understand your condition, something I had never heard of before. I hope you can start therapy soon. Try not to get frustrated.

Keep posting on DC. Now that we know what's going on, we can help you out if you sometimes can't get the right words.

By the way, you know two languages, maybe more. Most of us only know one language, so you are way ahead of us. ;)

CD

Back
Top Bottom