I've missed y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
I've been gone for a while tending to my mom but I'm dropping in to share our good news. Mom had a tumor in her lungs that was very suspicious for cancer but her health is very complicated with severe COPD. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, she was scheduled for a needle biopsy that went very wrong. Awful events that included a cardiac arrest, total replacement of her blood volume, hemothorax, blood clots in her legs - the list goes on and on - she is finally home and on the road to recovery. The best news is it is not cancer!!!! We don't know exactly what it is yet, but it's not cancer. If things go well, I'll get to go home in a couple of days.

I haven't spent any real time with my kids in a few weeks and I'm aching to snuggle my little Fisher. But I get to go home knowing that my mom has the rest of her life to look forward to without the threat of cancer treatment looming. I'm so grateful for this, especially since spending the last few weeks in a huge cancer hospital with other folks who aren't so fortunate.

So to all of you I wish you good health and loving family this holiday season!

(A special thanks to my friend, Dave Hutchins, who helped me through this more than he can know.)

YAY!!! Your back!!! Congrats on the great news and it is good to see ya!!!

You've been through a lot! I'm pleased to hear Mom is doing well. It's good to have you back.

So glad to see you I was getting worried!!!
You and your family are in my thoughts, have a wonderful rest of the Holiday season!

yay, i'm very happy that you're back, t, and your mom is on the mend.

happy holidays to you and yours.

Terry,
I'm so sorry your mom had to endure all of that..I know she had a hard time and I wish there were something I could have done. Having you with her though made it possible for her to come through it..Now may you both have the peace and love of this holiday season and a whole new year of all the best life has to offer.
kadesma

I was just wondering about you the other night!!
So happy to hear the wonderful news, and I will pray that they continue for your family!!
Welcome back home!! :):):)

Hey my dear dear friend! I have been thinking of you a lot lately. {{{{{hugs}}}}} for you and your Mom, and Fisher too. I am sure he will be very glad to see you! Take good care.

I was wondering where you'd got to and if all was well. Thank goodness it all turned out all right. I'm sorry you both had to go through all that, but boy oh boy what a good turn out! YAY!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom