I've Never Felt So Powerless!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on the return of your power, Andy! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you see the lights come back on?

Good luck with the outage cleanup!

Thanks, Tim. Timing was good. I was just about at the end of my rope.

I can remember we had a power outtage about for about 3 days due to an ice storm. We were also without water for about a day. But there were people all around our town who were without for about 2 weeks or more. A friend of mine would come over and cook her food in my oven. It's always situations like that, that make you realize just how much control you have over things. I'm happy to hear you all got your power restored.

I can remember we had a power outage about for about 3 days due to an ice storm. We were also without water for about a day. But there were people all around our town who were without for about 2 weeks or more. A friend of mine would come over and cook her food in my oven. It's always situations like that, that make you realize just how much control you have over things. I'm happy to hear you all got your power restored.

I have a second well in my yard. When the power goes out, I hook up a pump to the hose bib I have on the well and pump all the water I need! usually, I just stretch a hose to the bathtub and fill it. I found it interesting that the well people found seashells at 70 feet down. Wow! That was the seafloor at one time! Fascinating!

I have a second well in my yard. When the power goes out, I hook up a pump to the hose bib I have on the well and pump all the water I need! usually, I just stretch a hose to the bathtub and fill it. I found it interesting that the well people found seashells at 70 feet down. Wow! That was the seafloor at one time! Fascinating!

That really is fascinating. I believe you're ready for any situation, lol. Wasn't you who said you also have a generator? This day and time it's smart to be so well prepared when you can do so.

That really is fascinating. I believe you're ready for any situation, lol. Wasn't you who said you also have a generator? This day and time it's smart to be so well prepared when you can do so.

Yes, minus the air conditioning, I can run my entire home on my generator. It makes outages civilized! I'm at a natural elevation of 11 feet. That means that the ocean floor was 81 feet below where my house now sits. Wow! Just imagine! At that time of history, Florida was completely under water!

I lost very little. The freezer in the basement, where all the money is was still frozen solid. Most of the freezer over the fridge is tossed along with some of the fridge. I didn't lose $50.00 worth of food.

I lost very little. The freezer in the basement, where all the money is was still frozen solid. Most of the freezer over the fridge is tossed along with some of the fridge. I didn't lose $50.00 worth of food.

That was a blessing!

If it had been my house my daughter would have been going in the freezer every few minutes just to see if the food had thawed.

I am glad your power is back on. It is a good reminder for me to buy my emergency supplies. I usually put a few gallons of water in the basement pantry. We have them for when the power goes out (usually happens at least once a season). If I don't use them up, they go into the freezer to be used as ice for the cooler while camping. We also have good luck with the big freezer in the basement. I think it is because the basement is always a constant cool temp. And...maybe it's because mine is from Sears too! ;) I too have two dogs who are big drinkers (water drinkers that is). Too funny, one of them can't hold her licker either.. :D

Drinking tea out of this right now!

Attachments

• IMG_20111102_164647.jpg
    IMG_20111102_164647.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 138
Just saw this Andy, glad to see you are ok. Take care stay warm. hugs to both of you .
cj

Back
Top Bottom