I've not been this sick in I don't know how long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
Warning!

If any of you get the nasty cold/flu bug that's going around, be prepared!

It is *awful*! I missed two striaght days of work earlier this week (The first time I have EVER missed two days in a row being sick). The folks here are the office were shocked when Tuesday came and I called in again. I've had awful chills, a horrible sore throat, stuffed up sinuses and now I have a cough that could can be heard on the other side of my house!

My voice is shot (From the coughing and sore throats) and I've got next to no appetite.

So, if you get this, be prepared for a VERY rough ride!

John

Last edited:
John, exactly the same thing my husband just started getting over! I had a very mild case of it, luckily. Hope you are on the road to feeling better!

Jon,
it will go away, I had it just before we left for a cruise in Dec. the cough hung on well into the first several weeks of Jan. It was awful.I was cold all the time,legs felt like rubber and I just couldn't eat. I lost 14 lbs. So if you have to force yourself to drink plenty of fluids and eat something mild and easy on the tummy. Sorry you're feeling so awful.
kadesma

You need to snuggle under your warm bankie with a mug of chicken soup and one of my hot toddies.

1 cup hot tea
1 tbl lemon juice
1 tbl honey
1-2 shots good sippin' whiskey

This remedy is guaranteed to make you feel better, at least for a while. The lemon juice cuts the phlegm, the honey coats your throat, and the whiskey makes you sweat out the fever.

Sorry to read you're feeling so poorly. Sounds like what you need are hot toddies or whisky and ginger wine, plenty of sleep, lots of quilts and hot water bottles, and of course lots of tlc.

Hope you feel better soon.

Somehow I have dodged it so far. I have heard it was nasty, nasty, nasty. I remember when Alix had it - she coughed herself off her exercise ball, her foot went up, disconnected her computer, "Alix has logged off" - :rolleyes:

Seriously though - take care ronjohn. Make sure you keep that "stuff" broken up and don't let it settle in your lungs.

KITCHENELF!! SHHHHHH! Geez! Now everyone who is sick has started laughing and then coughing! You could cause computers all over North America to become unplugged! :rolleyes:

1.gif
fowwy Awic

It is nasty. Today is my second day in a row of calling in sick too. After sleeping all night, I woke up, had breakfast and a shot of cough syrup, and went back to bed. Woke up 4 hours later, feeling a bit better. It feels like (knock on wood) I broke the fever.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It'll knock pretty much anyone on their backside for at least a couple days. I hope anyone that has it gets better soon!

my family had this last week, i have not been that sick in a very long
time. i hate seeing my babies so sick. we have just a bit of
the cough left. the bad part last 4-5 days. my oldest did not
get it she kept taking airbourne, it really worked for her.

i would not wish this flu on anyone.

We've had way too many colds in our house this year but at least we've been spared the flu. Ron and bigdog, feel better soon!

Sorry

Hope you will feel better soon. Happy to hear you are staying home and not passing it around the office. When I try to stay home they call at noon and ask if I can't come in? Discuss the symptoms and advise me to come in to see how I feel? Why do they want to expose themselves to someone who is having the sickness already? I believe in sharing but not someone's flu.

Anyway, Constance you gave good advice. I am going to copy your recipe for next time. I hope there isn't but just in case. Thanks. Again you always have good recipes no matter what they are.

I suggest you drink heavily.
Seriously, if you still have the cough in 4 days, see a doctor. Bronchitis can lead to pnuemonia.
Now go back to bed.:sleep:

Hope you guys feel better real soon.

Hey RonJohn....I tried to pm you not too long ago but your box was full. Do you happen to have Eriks addy still? The apron is missing in action and we haven't been successful in getting in touch with him. Just would like to know he's ok.

Bender unit, please get well soon! Last time I was sick I drank apple cider vinegar with either water or grape juice. It worked VERY well!!!
Take care my friend. :)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Last time I was sick I drank apple cider vinegar with either water or grape juice. It worked VERY well!!! :)
Good grief, the flu can be horrible, hope you're feeling better today. Grape juice or grape seed extract, if you can't handle the sugar, works wonders if your lungs are congested. I have chronic bronchitis and this stuff has kept my lungs clear for years. Very high in anti-oxidants according to my Dr.
Bless you all, this forum has the nicest people I've ever come across on-line.

Back
Top Bottom