James Kim from Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
For any of you that have been following this story, Kim and his wife and two children were stranded in the woods during a family trip to Oregon. Kim left to get help, his wife stayed in the car with their 4 year old and 7 month old children. The wife breast fed both children for a week in the car, while waiting for help or her husband to return.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16070337/

Everyone, it's getting cold out there, so if your venturing out in the wilderness, or just taking a ride in the cold temps...be prepared! Get some life saving things in your trunk and glove box, especially if you have children with you.

Energy bars, flares, or a flash light that keeps blinking, thermal blanket that is orange on the outside so people can see you and silver on the inside to radiate heat towards your body if your stranded, matches. In the case of these people, they were able to scratch out in the dirt " SOS", "out of gas" which definately helped, and she had a cell phone which was able to be detected from a tower.

Very very sad. If stranded stay with your vehicle. Better then trying to beat the elememts. Was just on the news that he was very close to a lodge.

I've been following this story since the first time I heard it. What a guy!!! They had also said that where the car was parked, it was awful hard to see, that an umbrella clued them in to where the car was.

Email

Just got email saying Larry King will have these people on tonight. Wasn't going to watch but since you told me of the particulars I will. Thanks for clueing me in. It is true when you are in weather that is not familiar better stay put. Thanks amber. You are in the know. thanks for letting me know.

I didnt hear about Larry King having them on tonight. Thanks for the info In the Kitchen. I saw the below link after watching Larry King tonight. Thanks for the heads up on this show tonight In the Kitchen.

Thank you for your Support

Last edited:
What have I told you!

AFTER I hear about this man from you amber, AFTER I see the show on Larry King, I tell my family about this story and my son tells me he had met this man last year when he visited this place where he worked. I have told you all long time they only talk to me when they want to. He only had high comments about meeting him. From everyone's opinion he was one of kind. Fact that he was so eager to help others impresses me. Larry King asked what it is like to freeze to death? Does anyone really know what happens? They said he started taking off his clothes. So very very sad. the other person they interviewed last ed 14 days! And he still acts normal!

I am glad they are warning people about traveling in places that may change drastically at any moment. I don't think I would only have on jeans and t shirt. To be honest I think I would not even go through the mountains at all. Call me what you want but the fact of having possibility of freezing to death doesn't appeal to me.

Back
Top Bottom