Japanese fast food chain launches whale burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you eat a whale burger????

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
I might? take a bite :rolleyes: But, wouldn't be an appealing thought/dish to try - for me...Only because growing up in USA, that cuisine? is very unfamiliar.

Watched show a while back about Chinese fast food restaurants. Sort of their answer to our McDonalds. I was intrigued. Huge mall-sized floors with hundreds of chefs serving many dishes, with hundreds of waiters. The interviewee mentioned taking the idea to the U.S. I would love it.

The down-side for me, was a shot of them bringing in live snakes in the morning to prepare for some sort of dish. Guess it's a matter of what foods/cuisines/culture one grew up with. I'll pass on the snake dish.

The Z said:
I would, but only if came with sides of baby harp seal and panda.

Good one Z. Maybe if they asked if I want fries with that, I might reconsider.

The few people who have tasted it say its kind of a cross between chicken and fish and not to bad.

However my mother in law remebers back in post-war Japan when the only meat most people could afford was whale meat. From her discription it is very fatty tasteing and rubbery texture. She says it was usally very unpleasant, I'd take her word for it, whale just doesnt seem apatizing.

carvel used to sell fudgie the whale ice cream cakes. i wonder what type of whale they used...:rolleyes:

I wasn't totally against trying it right up until I read "and feel very thankful to the whales for allowing us to make the burgers":ohmy: Something about that statement makes me cringe! lol

Why must the human each creature on earth????!!! I can´t understand that. It´s not to compare with cows, pigs, rabbits or so on....

It´s a shame to exterminate this creatures!!

Hi Kara. Nice to "see" you again.

Guess it's a matter of taste, & hundreds of years ago, maybe survival. So glad we have a choice as to what we'd like to eat. Makes life so much more interesting...don't you think?

Kitchen, love your flan avatar. Yummy. :)

Thank's mish - my avatar is compliments of GB.

And also, a total depletion is just as bad as an over abundance of a particular species. They were left alone and not pursued. Now there are plenty of them again.

I think it's all a cycle that is called - life.

kitchenelf said:
Thank's mish - my avatar is compliments of GB.

And also, a total depletion is just as bad as an over abundance of a particular species. They were left alone and not pursued. Now there are plenty of them again.

I think it's all a cycle that is called - life.

I want the recipe for your flan, please. I promise I won't leave it alone :ROFLMAO:

cute mish - I have a flan recipe - I'll post it in the Desserts - Don't eat all of it or there won't be any to reproduce - we must populate the world with flan. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom