Jeans that fit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yakuta said:
Everything I have is extremely lose at the waist.
Me too! And, I'm short too, 5'4". Petites are always too short, regs are always too long. Yeah, I buy them, but sometimes I want to wear my sneakers!
I'm a bootcut kinda gal (wear my cowboy boots pretty often) and these recomendations were fantastic. My only problem is that the stores generally don't carry my size. Whatever their smallest is, is too big for me. I know I could fit into a little junior pair of jeans, but honestly, I can't stand that low rider look! It's icky!

Sizz - another thing to keep in mind about turning the hem under: have someone else do it, while you're wearing the shoes you'll wear most often with those jeans. Don't just assume that because the left leg needs a 1-1/8" hem, that the right one does too. Reason being, many people's legs are a slightly different length. By doing this, they'll look perfect on you.

I am so glad to find out I'm not the only one out there wishing I could find jeans that fit!

jkath said:
Me too! And, I'm short too, 5'4". Petites are always too short, regs are always too long. Yeah, I buy them, but sometimes I want to wear my sneakers!
I'm a bootcut kinda gal (wear my cowboy boots pretty often) and these recomendations were fantastic. My only problem is that the stores generally don't carry my size. Whatever their smallest is, is too big for me. I know I could fit into a little junior pair of jeans, but honestly, I can't stand that low rider look! It's icky!

Sizz - another thing to keep in mind about turning the hem under: have someone else do it, while you're wearing the shoes you'll wear most often with those jeans. Don't just assume that because the left leg needs a 1-1/8" hem, that the right one does too. Reason being, many people's legs are a slightly different length. By doing this, they'll look perfect on you.

I am so glad to find out I'm not the only one out there wishing I could find jeans that fit!

What I meant was to turn it under when trying them on. In the past if I tried them on and the hem pillowed to the floor I'd just take them back off .....without even buttoning or zipping.....but now I fold them under to see what the jean would really look like. Yes def. have the tailor get the hem where it should be for them to sew.

Hi jkath it's funny you mention juniors because it fits fine but the cuts are too low and the finishes too crazy. I am not big into glitter, tattered and torn looks :) and that's what the junior section has.

The other place I buy my work trousers and I like a lot is New York and company. They have sizes like xsmall, small, average all for petites. No numbering and the trousers are knits and very comfy and classy. They are not cheap but that's another thing that fits me.

I used to like Petite Sophisticate but they went out of business. I also like Ann Taylor but I wait for sale before buying their stuff because it can get very pricey.

I love the look of Ann Taylor too, but the pants are too straight up and down for me. I don't honestly care what I pay for a good piece of clothing, considering if it fits well, I'll keep it around for a long time, and it will pay for it's closet space.

One place I have had luck is "White House / Black Market". Sometimes I can find a pair of cute pants. And, if you're on their mailing list, every month or so, you'll get a $25 off of a $100 purchase coupon. Nice!

They showed me 45 pairs of jeans. My favorite brands were the ones that looked stylish to me and my lifestyle.

There was a pair and the brand name was "Not your daughter's" and they looked like "grandma's." :LOL:

There were at least 30 pairs that were "out of style" or never been in style. The Old Navy jeans looked like they were hand-outs to the homeless.

I was happy that my jeans made the list.

those "not your daughter's jeans" I saw them at Norstrom. They have this ability to make your tum look a full size smaller.

I am not short, and I am not thin any more, :( but when I was skinny I found that the best way to get great jeans was to get the designer ranges of childrens clothes from upmarket stores....in UK I used Selfridges and Harrods. Some of the BIG designers making childrens clothes realise father's paying might want their girls covered up a bit! And because they run to age 16 they were long enough in the leg for me (inside leg 31 inches, I think?)

Plus they are cheaper than the same jeans by the same designers made for women!

Back
Top Bottom