Jello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Do you like Jello?
Do you like Jello with vegies? :ermm:
Do you like Jello with fruit?
Whats your DREAM Jello?

Personally... I believe Jello is a part of the Axis of Evil. But I want to get YOUR opinion. :)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Do you like Jello?
Do you like Jello with vegies? :ermm:
Do you like Jello with fruit?
Whats your DREAM Jello?

Personally... I believe Jello is a part of the Axis of Evil. But I want to get YOUR opinion. :)

Huh? jello is part of the axis of evil? Personally, I dont have an opinion about jello. Who thinks about jello?:LOL:

My dream jello is finding a cold plate at a salad bar to put it on! Or just a cold plate to put my salad on. Why is there more flavor in sugar free jello? I loved making jello jigglers but gave in to the demand for gummy worms. My favorite dream jello would be finding "war head" flavors with a lot of sour punch to it. How about clear jello? The possibilities of what you could do with that! Knox is not my idea of clear jello....I am thinking about those clear colored gummy bears with flavor!

I buy put jello on the shelf. And now DC reminds me to MAKE JELLO. I am going to make jello. Thanks

StirBlue said:
My dream jello is finding a cold plate at a salad bar to put it on! Or just a cold plate to put my salad on. Why is there more flavor in sugar free jello? I loved making jello jigglers but gave in to the demand for gummy worms. My favorite dream jello would be finding "war head" flavors with a lot of sour punch to it. How about clear jello? The possibilities of what you could do with that! Knox is not my idea of clear jello....I am thinking about those clear colored gummy bears with flavor!

Hmmm.... I need to try an experiment with the jello and citric acid powder I have at the house!!! :chef:

Hmm - Sour patch Jello Shots? :angel:

John

Any red Jello (cherry,strawberry whatever) with fresh Blackberrys mixed in served on an ice cold plate. Yummy!
When I was very sick as a child my mom would follow the directions on the package, but instead of placing it in the fridge, she would pour it into a glass and give it to me as a warm drink. Man that stuff was the best!!!!!

My favorite way to use red Jello is to mix it with my rhubarb when I make desserts. And ever since I was little I have also like red jello with mimi marshmallows or slice bananas. With just a little Cool Whip on top.

In Australia we call Jello jelly. What vegetables would you serve with it??? I've seen ambrosia salad (which I cant remember if it has vegetables in it but can remember seeing it served as a savoury) but what vegies would you serve with jello? :ermm:

Renee Attili said:
Any red Jello (cherry,strawberry whatever) with fresh Blackberrys mixed in served on an ice cold plate. Yummy!
When I was very sick as a child my mom would follow the directions on the package, but instead of placing it in the fridge, she would pour it into a glass and give it to me as a warm drink. Man that stuff was the best!!!!!

My mom did the same thing, Renee. Always when I had a sore throat. It was great!

I have, on ocassion, been known to partake of Jello. These days, I don't make it. Normally, my other half, PeppA, makes it for the kids. I might eat a little bit of it, then it's gone.

My Mom used to make a "Cherry Coke Salad" with canned bing cherries, pecans, Cherry Coke, and cherry-flavored Jello. Good stuff!

After posting that yesterday I went home and made some and it was just as yummy and soothing as it was then, this time though I didn't have to have the sore throat:rolleyes:

When I was little & didn't feel well, my mom would make me jello with cottage cheese in it. I loved it.

When I was in junior high, we would eat jello powder during the summer before swim meets. I suppose we thought the sugar might make us swim faster??!!

As a college student & in my 20's, I was famous for making my jello shots....I think that was the last time I had jello!:)

:LOL: I posted these on another site when jello shooters came up. I used to be a bartender and we always had shooters on the weekend.

Now you can add water to the liquor before boiling it otherwise some can be overwhelming (ie: Silk Panties - peach jello - sambucca). I wouldn't want that much sambucca but I'm not a huge fan of it.

I dilute the booze 1/2 and 1/2 with water.

Fuzzy Navel - Orange jello - peach schnapps & vodka
Release Valve - Pineapple jello - vodka, rum & grenadine
Baby Asprin - orange jello - southern comfort
Seabreeze - Cranberry jello - vodka and a bit of grapefruit juice
Brass Monkey - orange jello - vodka & rum
Bullfrog - lime jello - vodka
Champagne Cocktail - raspberry jello - Champagne
Golden Screw - orange jello - vodka & a bit of bitters
Kamikazi - lime jello - vodka & triple sec
Hand Grenadine - cranberry jello & tequila
Strawberry Margarita - Strawberry jello & tequila
Poinsettia - orange jello, champagne & triple sec
Silk Panties - peach jello - sambucca
Sloe Screw - Orange jello - vodka & sloe gin
Woo Woo - cranberry jello - vodka & peach schnapps
Sloe Screw Against the Wall - orange jello - sloe gin & southern comfort and a shot of Galliano if you still have it, lol.
Purple Hooter Shooter - lime jello - vodka, triple sec & chambord
Meltdown - peach jello - stoli
Melon Ball - orange jello - vodka & midori

Jelly (its with a y in England!) is my favourite diet food. I know, its full of rubbish that I am normally holier than thou about eating, but its strong flavour, its protein rich, fat and sugar free (but full of chemicals yuk) and it saves you thinking about real food. I used to make it in plastic glasses for my work lunch boxes, sometimes adding fruit, or layering colours. Real, homemade jelly is a different creature and divinely wonderful, but the sugar, oh boy, the sugar...

Little Miss J said:
In Australia we call Jello jelly. What vegetables would you serve with it??? I've seen ambrosia salad (which I cant remember if it has vegetables in it but can remember seeing it served as a savoury) but what vegies would you serve with jello? :ermm:

Serve grape jello with red beets & turnips. To lime jello the addition of cottage cheese is a favorite. Other things that you can add to jello are cream cheese or ricotta cheese. You can also add chutney to raspberry or cranberry jello. How you prepare the jello will give you more variety for it uses. You can also serve a side of jello with a cheese/bread try. The possibilities of perking up a meal with some flavor and color are endless.

StirBlue said:
Serve grape jello with red beets & turnips. To lime jello the addition of cottage cheese is a favorite. Other things that you can add to jello are cream cheese or ricotta cheese. You can also add chutney to raspberry or cranberry jello. How you prepare the jello will give you more variety for it uses. You can also serve a side of jello with a cheese/bread try. The possibilities of perking up a meal with some flavor and color are endless.

My mother can't remember how she made the jello with cottage cheese....do you make the jello like normal & add cottage cheese or use less water with the cottage cheese? I think my son might like this so I want to make it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom