Jim Beam and "Shine" (split)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
It's the bourbon, Uncle Bob. Best Southern remedy for what ails all of y'all's parts.

:LOL:

I know that!!!! But I was keeping it a secret...Now the demand will go up and the price I have to pay will increase:LOL: Oh well...lets see..Tennessee wiskey works.. as does all of the Single Malts..and white wiskey is good too...The Kentucky top shelf bourbons do not..repeat do not work as well:whistling

Speaking of bourbon...my boss got a bottle of Jim Beam from a client and just gave it to me because he said "I'll never drink it, but at least you might cook with it."

I'll take it, but I don't know much cooking I'll do with it...

kadesma said:
Nice idea Loprraine,
but he still has to count carbs..If he wants to lower b/g's and triglycerides, testing ourselves and finding out the carb count in what we eat is important...Certain veggies do have a higher carb count than other..Now the Jim Beam:LOL:

kadesma

Sipped s-l-o-w-l-y

Uncle Bob said:
Silver...

Would that be a White label or a Black label on the bottle??

It is, in fact, the white label. I understand this to be their lower grade bourbon, best used for shots and mixers and not meant to be sipped or served over ice.

In any event, it's a free 1.14L of booze. Who am I to say no?

Silver said:
It is, in fact, the white label. I understand this to be their lower grade bourbon, best used for shots and mixers and not meant to be sipped or served over ice.

In any event, it's a free 1.14L of booze. Who am I to say no?

Yes.. Jim Beam White is 4 year old...as opposed to the Black being 8 years old. Jim Beam Brand (distillery) make several bourbons...Old Grand Dad 114(proof) is nice. The white label is by far their "bread and butter" item...The black label is fairly new on the market and is a pretty good middle shelf bourbon.

Free makes it's really good!!!:) Over ice you might enjoy it...let the ice melt a bit....and everytime you take a sip...think FREE!!!:LOL:

Uncle Bob said:
Ah haaa!! A Bourbon sipper you are!! ;)
Not very often any more, it doesn't mix to well with the b/g lowering meds and if I don't eat enough, welll, low b/g is a nasty business..So I have a sip now and then and just savor the moment.

kadesma;)

Uncle Bob said:
Yes.. Jim Beam White is 4 year old...as opposed to the Black being 8 years old. Jim Beam Brand (distillery) make several bourbons...Old Grand Dad 114(proof) is nice. The white label is by far their "bread and butter" item...The black label is fairly new on the market and is a pretty good middle shelf bourbon.

Free makes it's really good!!!:) Over ice you might enjoy it...let the ice melt a bit....and everytime you take a sip...think FREE!!!:LOL:

I might just give it a try tonight!

Thanks, UB!

kadesma said:
Not very often any more, it doesn't mix to well with the b/g lowering meds and if I don't eat enough, welll, low b/g is a nasty business..So I have a sip now and then and just savor the moment.

kadesma;)

Savor the moment!! Yes.. Why does everyone want to get in a hurry???

Bourbon seems not to effect me (b/g or meds) etc..However I drink it before dinner.. slowly..then eat...take medication later at bed time...The key of course is like a lot of things...In moderation!

I'm a big fan of Jim Beam's "Bookers" genuine Bourbon. Picked up a bottle last time I was in Louisville. Great stuff.. Enough for a small snifter...

Enjoy the free bourbon!

-Brad

candelbc said:
I'm a big fan of Jim Beam's "Bookers" genuine Bourbon. Picked up a bottle last time I was in Louisville. Great stuff.. Enough for a small snifter...

Enjoy the free bourbon!

-Brad

Ah yes,,,"Bookers" Top shelf bourbon...Beam's "Cadillac"

I just made a basic bourbon chicken for last night.

Also did have one small sip. Strong stuff, straight up. Not particularly smooth or tasty, either. :LOL:

Born and raised in Tenessee, but more importantly went to college there too...
so please let me introduce you to a better burbon, less costly too. Try Evan Williams, Black Label. It is a touch sweeter then Beam, and comes from the same parent company, but with a longer history and tradition.

Williams- for those who know...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom