Joey Chestnut eats 61 hot dogs To Win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We get an American television programme over here called "Man versus Food" (or something like that) which seems to be an eating (aka stuffing-food-into-mouth) competition. Quite revolting and sick making. Also very weird television - why would anyone want to do it. OK, money, of course.

Adam Richman, the host of that show is in deep do do and his new show got canceled. Social media strikes again!:ROFLMAO:

I cannot watch the hot dog eating contest. Its gross.
Where on the other hand, Man vs Food will make me hungry.

I agree with ya, Kayelle. It's disgusting.

This was bound to happen sooner or later....:censored::angry:

CUSTER, S.D. (AP) — A Fourth of July hot dog eating contest in western South Dakota turned tragic when a contestant choked to death.
Walter Eagle Tail, 47, of Custer, died at a hospital Thursday after attempts to save him at the scene failed, Custer County Sheriff Rick Wheeler told the Rapid City Journal....

Man dies at South Dakota hot dog eating contest - seattlepi.com

What is worse, eating contests or several people "bobbing for wings" in the same tub of blue cheese sauce?

These folks would never come close to these numbers if they had to eat the hotdogs as served. In the bun and no disassembly.

What is worse, eating contests or several people "bobbing for wings" in the same tub of blue cheese sauce?

These folks would never come close to these numbers if they had to eat the hotdogs as served. In the bun and no disassembly.

Most of the hot dog contestants dip their buns in water to make them go down easier. Good Grief, can you think of anything more unappetizing? Water soaked bread!

Have you ever noticed it is mostly men who get involved in these stupid macho eating contests? And since the rules usually state you must hold the food down, notice the contestants holding their hand over their mouth trying desperately not to heave!

What is with Adam Richman? Why is he is trouble?

I have often wondered..... Are you so desperate for fame that you will risk your health and quite possibly life just to be on television on a show with a stupid concept? Do they not realize that there fame only goes as far as their picture on the wall of the bar? Can anyone name a person mentioned previously on TV of who has eaten a five pound hamburger? Didn't think so. :angel:

CUSTER, S.D. (AP) — A Fourth of July hot dog eating contest in western South Dakota turned tragic when a contestant choked to death.
Walter Eagle Tail, 47, of Custer, died at a hospital Thursday after attempts to save him at the scene failed, Custer County Sheriff Rick Wheeler told the Rapid City Journal....

Never heard of the guy. He is certainly not a real pro at this. This is not an easy sport to do. WE have a few high school football deaths each year and that is more of a sport than this is.

Whatever happened to Bobbing For Apples? :angel:

Never heard of the guy. He is certainly not a real pro at this. This is not an easy sport to do. WE have a few high school football deaths each year and that is more of a sport than this is.

kleenex;1373710[COLOR=Red said:
]She is a pro at this unlike that other person that died.[/COLOR]

Please tell me you are not actually serious???? Calling these people "pro's" at this "sport" is just unbelievable. :mad: I'm now removing my twitching fingers from the keyboard.

Please tell me you are not actually serious???? Calling these people "pro's" at this "sport" is just unbelievable. :mad: I'm now removing my twitching fingers from the keyboard.

Yes I am serious...

The males and females at the contest have to train their muscles and their bodies to be able to handle all the food they eat. It is not the NFL or MLB, but it is a sport.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/6QW_ve1TlmI

and this link:

The Science Of Competitive Eating - ESPN Video - ESPN

Back
Top Bottom