Joey Chestnut regains hot dog eating title, sets record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Joey Chestnut regains hot dog eating title, sets record

Chestnut, 32, downed 70 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes — the most hot dogs and buns ever eaten at the competition — polishing off 17 more dogs than Stonie. Chestnut’s eight straight victories ended last year when he lost the championship title in an upset to Stonie. Both men are from San Jose, California.

I was shocked at how bad Matt Stonie was today. He was so much slower than he was last year.

It was on the tv at the pizza place we had supper at last night. Unfortunately, I was facing the tv. It was hard to watch but also hard to look away! Made my stomach hurt just thinking about that many hot dogs in my tummy!

I could probably competitively eat half a hot dog. Wouldn't be very entertaining.

As I recall, there was a tiny little woman a while back who was also a world-class "sports eater". She beat out some big guys.

Same here. I find nothing entertaining about people making pigs out of themselves. :sick:

I could probably competitively eat half a hot dog. Wouldn't be very entertaining.

As I recall, there was a tiny little woman a while back who was also a world-class "sports eater". She beat out some big guys.

I think the American woman you are talking about is Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas.

She has been stuck in second place for the past few years behind American Miki Sudo in the female only version of the contest.

Miki Sudo this year ate 38 and half hot dogs and buns this year which would have been fourth place if you combined it with the mens scores.

I'll have to disent here.

I think this is great.

I view it as a sport and those who compete are at the top of there game as far as shoving chow down and into there stomach's.

The winner lost last year yet prepped himself for the contest this year enough to win.

Good job on his part.

It wasn't about the quality or taste of the dog.

It was about how many he could stuff down his gullet.

And he stuffed down an amazing amount in my opinion.

I wouldn't try it myself and wouldn't recommend anyone else try it.

But if someone wants to do it I sure as shoot'in won't say it's wrong to do and I'll cheer them on and enjoy the contest they chose to be a part of.

For years I've always offered to pay for the burgers for anyone who could eat 15 Mc'D's burgers in 15 minutes.

Never had a taker.

I can't imagine eating 70 Dogs & Buns but I respect anyone who can and I thank them for entertaining me with there efforts.

And I really, really "Do Not" want to know anything about the after effects of said competitions. :(

Back
Top Bottom