Joke e-Mails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
While I enjoy some of the jokes that I get in e-Mails, that is about as far as it goes. I have some friends that forward them by the ten's and fifteens to a large list of people. In fact some of my other friends do the same thing with what they get and I get the same five ot tem a few times. I really don't have a problem with this. I have filteers that deal with it all automatically and some of the jokes are funny. I do not really forward any. I figgure there are enough around.

Well, now for the rub. It seems that quite a few people in today's society call this "keeping in touch". Every now and then I get an e-Mail or when I see someone, I get asked, "I sent you jokes, how come you don't respond?" I really don't know wha to say. I do send out e-mails with "how have you been?" "Here's what I am doing?" Conversation. I would rather have some real personal or virtual contact than being part of a long forward list.

I am not directing any of this to the jokes posted here, entirely differtnt thing.

Anyway how you Y'all feel about this subject?

Thank You

AC

Oops....
I'm sorry AC, how have you been?
:LOL:

Seriously, I don't mind forwarded jokes if you can open the joke without clicking on every person's name/attachment who ever received the email. If someone doesn't know enough to clean up the email before attaching me to their forward list, I usually don't open it and don't respond. I still get them, but hte list is waning and that's fine by me.

Personally, I do not see forwarded jokes as a way of staying in touch.

I don't see forwarded jokes as staying in contact either, especially when you are just one name on a huge distribution list. Did they really expect every single person on the distribution list to respond back??
When I want to contact someone, I contact them individually. Distribution lists are just for passing things around in my opinion, not for individual contact.

...I get asked, "I sent you jokes, how come you don't respond?" I really don't know wha to say...

I read and forward jokes which I think are funny. I never acknowledge receiving a joke. Frankly it never occurred to me. Most people I send them to never respond either.

I also clean up the multiple levels of forwarding and just forward joke alone.

Jokes aren't the same as communicationg with email conversations but do, in a small way, keep a connection open.

I have friends..and my mother that send me some every day... I don't look at them..
I just delete. I just don't have the time to read them all.

I love getting the jokes, etc. I always remove other email addresses from them when I send them on, plus I spend the time to take out the marks (such as >>) before sending them, just to make them easier for others to read. I don't just send everything out willy-nilly as a few of my friends do. I try to match them to the personality of the ones I send them to.

I do not consider sending forwards to be keeping in touch (I guess it is in a very minor way--but only if you put some thought into what you send, and who you are sending it to). I rarely respond to them (sometimes I will send it back with, "Good one!" or something similar). I NEVER respond or send on the good luck or "this is true even if you aren't superstitious" ones. I "love" that one that says "this email cannot be deleted." I have deleted it at least a dozen times. Sheesh.

I have certain people on my email list who only get "real" emails from me (they don't like getting jokes, etc.). I have others who I correspond with as well as sending forwards, and I have some who are mainly "email forwards" acquaintances.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I love getting the jokes, etc. I always remove other email addresses from them when I send them on, plus I spend the time to take out the marks (such as >>) before sending them, just to make them easier for others to read. I don't just send everything out willy-nilly as a few of my friends do. I try to match them to the personality of the ones I send them to.

I do not consider sending forwards to be keeping in touch (I guess it is in a very minor way--but only if you put some thought into what you send, and who you are sending it to). I rarely respond to them (sometimes I will send it back with, "Good one!" or something similar). I NEVER respond or send on the good luck or "this is true even if you aren't superstitious" ones. I "love" that one that says "this email cannot be deleted." I have deleted it at least a dozen times. Sheesh.

I have certain people on my email list who only get "real" emails from me (they don't like getting jokes, etc.). I have others who I correspond with as well as sending forwards, and I have some who are mainly "email forwards" acquaintances.

I use this program for stripping the email
PaperCut - emailSTRIPPER - Print management, quotas, control, monitoring and accounting

I get too many of those and have asked friends and relatives not to send them, in a nice way of course.

I don't respond to the funny things I get, either, unless the sender has added a message to it. I enjoy lots of them and forward the really funny ones to other friends. But I don't expect anyone to reply - that would take up way too much of anyone's time.

I only reply if there is a real message that the joke is attached to. Say my sister send me joke but also writes about what her kids are doing. That I'll respond to. Just the forwarded ones I don't respond. I will start to read them. If it's something I've seen before - delete. I rarely forward stuff I get to someone else either.

Well, now for the rub. It seems that quite a few people in today's society call this "keeping in touch". Every now and then I get an e-Mail or when I see someone, I get asked, "I sent you jokes, how come you don't respond?" I really don't know wha to say. I do send out e-mails with "how have you been?" "Here's what I am doing?" Conversation. I would rather have some real personal or virtual contact than being part of a long forward list.
AC
Hey Adillo, I've been fine, how are you? Here's what I'm doing, working all day! ~Bliss:LOL::LOL:

I love getting jokes through e-mail. I have 3 friends who send jokes all the time. Two of them send some of the funniest stuff I've ever read so it makes my day. I don't always respond but I will send a remark like "hilarious, thanks for the uplift. Hope you're doing well " every now and then to let them know I got the joke and appreciate them so they keep sending them. The personal note is just a one liner so it takes me about 20 seconds to type and send it.

What I am getting tired of is the constant political bulls*** that keeps coming to me. Enough is enough. Some of the stuff I'm getting is just plain nuts.

...What I am getting tired of is the constant political bull...
I am too. My next-door neighbor sends a lot of funny emails, and I love most of them, but for the last few months she has sent so many political ones that I have ended up deleting a lot of them without opening them. You can only take so much, even when you agree with them!

Pacanis & Bliss - Thank you DC'ers are the best.

LC61 - Love the e-Mail stripper. Just goes to show Whatever you are looking for, somone will write the code.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom