Julia Child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I am new to the site and was "grazing" through it a few minutes ago. In the photo gallery, I was pleased to see a picture of Julia's kitchen taken at the Smithsonian. I could almost see her there. I just finished reading her book, My Life in France. It was a super book and I cried when I finished it because there would be no more books written by her. I've also read Appetite for Life, which is also a wonderful book about her. These two books are among my literary treasures. They are both great reads for anyone who loves Julia.

Julia and Graham Kerr were my inspiration when I was a child in the 60s. I'm an executive chef now and I learned more from those two than almost anyone else...

I recently finished My Life In France as well - & loved it too!!! Julia truly was an inspiration. Not too many people would have pressed on through the travails she did to reach the culinary expertise she did. I never missed her PBS cooking shows, & her cookbooks hold treasured spots in my cookbook library.

I loved that picture of Julia's kitchen too. I showed it to DH and told him that would be our next kitchen. I didn't realise it was hers until I read the caption. Graham Kerr started out way down here (NZ) decades ago. It was first and only cooking show on the newly arrived television which was shown from 6pm to 11pm in those days.

Back
Top Bottom