Julie & Julia Movie Inspired Meal - How about you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cookbook Shop

Assistant Cook
I saw the movie Julie and Julia and it inspired me to try something I had never made. I chose to try my first "Cheese Souffle". I substituted Havarti, which I had on hand, for the recommended sharp cheddar.

Making the souffle was so much fun and scrumptious! I served it with lightly sauteed sugar snap peas and homemade Apple Pie.

I decided to make the pie because my friend Peggy, who grew and gave me the apples, says she can't make pie crusts (she and her husband hate store-bought ones) so I found an easy recipe for her that requires no rolling -- and had to try it out before passing it on to her. It was delicious.

Were you inspired to make something after seeing that movie and what was it? I want to try a chocolate souffle next time! I'll try Julia's favorite Chocolate Souffle recipe from Julia Child's The Way to Cook. -Cindy:wub:

EASY PIE CRUST
(From Jackie Talks Food by Jackie Olden)

6-1/2 tablespoons butter (or margarine), melted - [I used butter]
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Mix butter, flour and powdered sugar. Pat into a pie plate. For a pre-baked crust (such as a Cream, Ice Box or Chiffon pie) bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden. Makes one 8-9 inch crust.

For an apple pie like I made, fill with your favorite pie filling; top with a crumb topping recipe and bake.

P.S. I loved the movie. Meryl Streep is great!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom